Thread: Can HK VP9 handle this ammo?

Can HK VP9 handle this ammo?

Aprox. 4 months ago I purchased a HK VP9 and I am very happy with this handgun. I called an HK Rep to see if I could use Winchester Ranger 127+p+ and the Rep really didn't say if I could use this ammo. This ammo will only be used for home defense. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether or not I can use this ammo in this handgun?
    USMC...helping enemies of America die for their countries since....1775 !

Other quality pistols handle this ammunition and HK makes very high quality pistols. The 124+P Ranger T ammunition does basically the same thing as the 127+P+ with less felt recoil.

Of course they won't say "sure go ahead," too much liability. My department issues and trains with Winchester Ranger T 124gr +P and Ranger NATO 124gr. Our P30's handle the +P fine, cannot for the life of me see where a little dose of +P+ is going to hurt the VP9.

Site Supporter
    In a word, yes.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I'm going to fire a box of this ammo thru this handgun & then keep this HK loaded for HD> Thanks Brother Marine & Semper Fi Till The Day I Die!

Straight & to the point-thank-you

I have over 500 rounds of Speer GDHP 115gr. +P+ through my VP9 with no ill effects, and my seat of the pants strain gauge says the GD +P+ feels stouter than the 127gr. Ranger +P+ of which I have 100 rounds or so downrange through the same VP9.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I shot a few boxes in my P30. I would think the VP9 with locking block could handle it even better .

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I shot a few boxes in my P30. I would think the VP9 with locking block could handle it even better .
    Thanks Rich! sounds promising

User Tag List