Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Single stack striker fired

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Tim that might even be different now that I have the larger backstrap on it plus the wraparound rubber grip shit. I'll have it at the Tac Conference if you want to finger bang it or shoot it.
    Does that pose any problems when the gun is carried in a bellyband?

I'm going to venture a guess that initial problems plus the backstrap being removed makes the pistol inoperable knocked this pistols acceptance down and it never recovered. I am under the impression that most on this site wouldn't buy a J Frame with a lock and the same thing applies to the PPS. I think we are still waiting for that next generation single stack to roll all the modern improvements into one package.

I bought Shield for my wife for Christmas in hopes of giving her a viable option that will actually get carried rather than sit in the safe. I am absolutely wanting the PPS but the manual safety on the shield was a big plus for my wife's purposes (an extra layer of safety with close proximity to the kids). I'm going to hold off on the PPS purchase until I get some trigger time on the Shield myself (hey I might love it, and it's always nice to standardize - especially at lower cost for the shield). Beyond that though, I am pretty well enamored with the PPS.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    Does that pose any problems when the gun is carried in a bellyband?

Nope!

Nope!
    Good to know. I held off on grip tape and rubber and whatnot because I didn't want to tear up my shirts. May have to give it a try.

Thanks.

Here's the product. Couldn't remember the name.

http://talongungrips.com/grips/walther/pps.html

Not really. Maybe...

I mean with my focus being on entangled shooting skills where it's most likely to get bumped, I'm not worried about it. I have the wrap-around grip sticky stuff on mine that Cecil turned me onto, and that completely eliminates that problem and makes the gun even better.
    This makes me interested in the PPS...

Bit surprised that Walther botched the trigger on the CCP considering the PPS and PPQ triggers.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Just handled one in .40. A bit larger than I remembered. The trigger could use some love but seems manageable stock. Very thin. Hmmm... Damn you SouthNarc.

I had the Shield and PPS and the PPS was better in every respect. More accurate, reliable and the PPS grip fit my hands better. My Shield experienced FTF issues out of the gate.

User Tag List