Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting used to a revolver trigger.

How well does the gun/grips fit your hand? I cannot shoot N frames well DA due to the long trigger reach and poor finger placement it causes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    How well does the gun/grips fit your hand? I cannot shoot N frames well DA due to the long trigger reach and poor finger placement it causes me.
    I have the stock houge rubber grip with finger grooves and I have small hands. I grip it high, the hammer often hits my thumb and the web between the index finger and the thumb and the lower 1/3rd of the grip is always exposed because I grip high and have small hands. My pinkie and ring finger tend to get jammed together due to large "finger" grooves being too large for me.

The answer to your problem might be a K/L frame. Or GP100
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Two thoughts after getting more information

1. The CZ 75's DA trigger stacks a little towards the end. If you are used to that sensation, it would seem to make sense to try to duplicate it with a S&W revolver by staging the trigger. A stacking trigger, and purposefully staging one that doesn't stack both lead to a pause that creates uncertainty about the sight picture/sight alignment; which then leads to a panic to try to get the shot off RFN, which leads to poor results.

2. The N frame's trigger reach may be too much depending on the grips you are using. Or it may be too much no matter what. In which case +1 to what Hizzie said.

I dont think that the trigger reach is the problem, I am able to grasp the pistol so high I wind up using the joint instead the pad of the finger.

If you think your grip is not the problem please post a pic of it.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Will do after the wife gets back home. I texted her and had to explain that I was literal when I said that I needed her to "take pictures of me holding my pistol show I can show it to strange men on the internet"

1222141821c by petrov1983, on Flickr

1222141821 by petrov1983, on Flickr

1222141820a by petrov1983, on Flickr

I would like to think that I do not have ego problems so if my shit looks all fucked up and I am retarded please tell me.

Oh and as a bonus I will throw in this picture here of NY legal 7 round assault clip(it was 8 but I made it complaint):
    20130117_185501 by petrov1983, on Flickr

Dude, your thumb placement is doing NOTHING for you.

I recommend dropping your firing hand thumb straight down at the first joint and then locking your support hand thumb over top of it. Failing that you can do a thumbs-forward grip, but I'm not a fan of it with revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I recommend dropping your firing hand thumb straight down at the first joint and then locking your support hand thumb over top of it.
    Between this advice and not staging the trigger you should have some solid tools to work with.

Give those changes a fair shake.

User Tag List