Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Sight Survey

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I believe it's .115" but could be mistaken.

I thought about the top black edge thing, also. I figure worst case scenario I can fix that with a magic marker. But I'm not completely convinced it's a practical disadvantage and could even be a bit of an advantage when shooting at black bullseyes, etc.
    Thanks for the response. I painted the front sight of my Beretta with orange Tremclad and I've think that the lack of definition at the top and sides of the FS has hurt my 25 yard groups, VS when I had just painted the white outline ring of the tritium vial. Up close though, that wide strip of painted orange is much easier to pick up. I think the HP prototype has a lot going for it.

We are diminished
    I'm a sight freak because I prefer #3:

(image courtesy NavyGuy on SIGforum)

So for me, the defined aiming point is the tritium capsule, not the top edge of the sight.

Trijicon HD / Orange front

And for what it is worth, I prefer to drive the dot as well, similar to Todd's sight image picture three. Not everything in the safe is set up that way, but when carrying this is the better option - it will happen anyway under time pressure and stress, might as well ensure that it so from the start.

I really tried to get sight image 3 to work for me but past 20 my brain doesn't shut it off and I have a lack of consistency in my accuracy. I am going to attempt to use sight image two and revisit sight image 3 at a later date.

10-8 Tritium front on my PPS with the stock rear, dots blacked out, eventually will get Trijicon HDs

Trijicon HD Yellow on my VP9

So for me, the defined aiming point is the tritium capsule, not the top edge of the sight.
    You're not alone

Pic added of a painted 10-8 front with Warren rear

I like it to be #3 at 5 yards, #2 at 25 yards and then back to #3 at 50 yards.

#1 has always confused me. What size target is it? If it's a 1" target you're hitting 1/2" above the sights, if it's a 10" target you're hitting 5" above the sights.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I like it to be #3 at 5 yards, #2 at 25 yards and then back to #3 at 50 yards..
    That sounds good to me.

#1 has always confused me. What size target is it? If it's a 1" target you're hitting 1/2" above the sights, if it's a 10" target you're hitting 5" above the sights.
    I always wondered that too. I think it's really only viable at a set distance/target combination. Maybe a bullseye thing? Seems like it would be a real nightmare to use with any variation. Like in reality.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I like it to be #3 at 5 yards, #2 at 25 yards and then back to #3 at 50 yards.

Same

User Tag List