Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambushed in Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    What is the media supposed to say? "As an institution over the past year we collectively incited a riot that rose to the level of people calling for the death of police officers. Now it's actually happened! Stay tuned for more details at eleven!"

Oh, they'll take responsibility. But only in the back rooms and boardrooms, where they'll pat each other on the back for their ability to manipulate the entire country into doing their bidding based on wildly misreported "facts" and 24 hour a day bombardment of charismatic community leaders who have everything to gain personally by driving these events into conflagrations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    tin foil hat conspiracy theory 9/11 truther!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    And there are plenty of Christians (of all colors) that couldn't tell you all of the 10 Commandments, the day Christ died on the cross, or a million other really critical pieces to their "faith." And then we have the whole Westboro Baptist Church...
    And there sure are a TON of people slamming that "church". We don't hear much, if any slamming of muslims, by muslims.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    We don't hear much, if any slamming of muslims, by muslims.
    Would you know where to look?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    And there sure are a TON of people slamming that "church". We don't hear much, if any slamming of muslims, by muslims.
    It's happening, perhaps a bit late, but it's here:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslims-...nst-extremism/

We are diminished
    (a) That's absolutely untrue. There are many, many Muslim organizations and countless individual Muslims who have come out against extremism and terrorism.

(b) The number of non-Muslim Americans who took a "kill all the Muslims" approach is magnitudes greater than those who have taken a "kill all the blacks" or "kill all the Christians" ... so I think a somewhat more defensive stance by the average Muslim is a bit easier to understand.

FWIW, the folks who live across the street from me are Muslim (from Egypt) and are just about the nicest people we've met. And they know I'm Jewish. We joke about being happy neighbors all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It's happening, perhaps a bit late, but it's here:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslims-...nst-extremism/
    Say now-one whole story??? Happening? Not hardly. Happened ONE time? Yup. One whole time.............

Before you struggle to find 2-3 more similar stories, I'll remind you that there are HUNDREDS of stories of that have gone by without muslims speaking out against muslim violence.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Say now-one whole story??? Happening? Not hardly. Happened ONE time? Yup. One whole time.............

Before you struggle to find 2-3 more similar stories, I'll remind you that there are HUNDREDS of stories of that have gone by without muslims speaking out against muslim violence.
    Where did you look for those stories?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    (a) That's absolutely untrue. There are many, many Muslim organizations and countless individual Muslims who have come out against extremism and terrorism.

(b) The number of non-Muslim Americans who took a "kill all the Muslims" approach is magnitudes greater than those who have taken a "kill all the blacks" or "kill all the Christians" ... so I think a somewhat more defensive stance by the average Muslim is a bit easier to understand.

FWIW, the folks who live across the street from me are Muslim (from Egypt) and are just about the nicest people we've met. And they know I'm Jewish. We joke about being happy neighbors all the time.
    (a) untrue? BULLS**T!! Those who come out against "extreme" behavior are targeted themselves, as they are considered non-believers (just like me). So out of fear for themselves, they remain silent.

(b) how does one respond to the group who's charter is to kill ALL that refuse to convert?

The God of my understanding gave his only son for me. The god of their understanding what you to give your only son to him. Which do you care to follow?

We don't hear much, if any slamming of muslims, by muslims.
    I disagree, but I'm not terribly well-informed on this sort of thing. Assuming you're right, what do you propose we, as a country, do about this Muslim Situation?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    This has all happened before, and it will likely happen again. Most people have just forgotten since the 1970s is now ancient history.
    Your comment prompted me to do a lil' research on the 70's. Some interesting info from NYPD's 2013 AFDR.

Site Supporter

Are you just looking to argue, or are you actually interested in learning about the Muslim groups that are against violence? If your mind is made up, I'd rather not waste my time.

User Tag List