Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Ambushed in Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    OTOH, de Blasio did outlaw that bane of my existence, styrofoam packing peanuts, so let's not be too hasty in our rush to judgment on the guy.
    I'm just gathering string. I ain't hung anyone with it yet.

Politicians: Kill. Constituencies. Dead. And yet the constituencies vote the same assholes in year after year.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I think congress had one of the lowest approval ratings ever, going into the last mid-term elections, but the re-election rate (ie. incumbents returned to office) was in the 90-something percent.

Someone explain that to me.

(When I say "someone explain that to me" I don't really want you to try, OK?)

New Yorkers are more worried about how bad the knicks & Jets are rather than how much corruption is in there own state politics.
    The People Are Assholes Club ....New York is a charter member.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I think congress had one of the lowest approval ratings ever, going into the last mid-term elections, but the re-election rate (ie. incumbents returned to office) was in the 90-something percent.

Someone explain that to me.

(When I say "someone explain that to me" I don't really want you to try, OK?)
    I will try.

People don't like congress as a whole but they tend to like their particular congresscritter.

The end.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Well how about that...?

Someone who likes Al Sharpton less than I do.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

That's about the best analysis of the situation I've yet seen.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I absolutely adore this.

A dude is dead because of revenue enforcement. Sure, he shouldn't have fought the cops and there's no reasonable grounds to argue that the cops killed the guy...but the bottom line is that the whole bloody interaction between him and the police was over revenue enforcement.

The mayor basically throws the entire NYPD under the bus as being a bunch of racists because they hassled this guy and he died as a result...and the mayor is such an utter retard about the cops that he's spent a whole bunch of time warning his adopted son about the possibility of the cops killing him because he's black after harassing him over trivial bullshit.

...and yet when the NYPD slows down on revenue enforcement and other small ball stuff the very same people who bitched and moaned endlessly about what horrible murdering racist bastards they all are get pissed off that they're not out there hassling the public to bring in more money.

I want to see a Jack Nicholson style rant where somebody looks at the doofuses who raised all this hell and says "Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT me 'choking' that black guy to death! You NEED me 'choking' that black guy to death, or you don't get your precious revenue!"

This isn't just politics...this is utter fucking stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I absolutely adore this.

A dude is dead because of revenue enforcement. Sure, he shouldn't have fought the cops and there's no reasonable grounds to argue that the cops killed the guy...but the bottom line is that the whole bloody interaction between him and the police was over revenue enforcement.

The mayor basically throws the entire NYPD under the bus as being a bunch of racists because they hassled this guy and he died as a result...and the mayor is such an utter retard about the cops that he's spent a whole bunch of time warning his adopted son about the possibility of the cops killing him because he's black after harassing him over trivial bullshit.

...and yet when the NYPD slows down on revenue enforcement and other small ball stuff the very same people who bitched and moaned endlessly about what horrible murdering racist bastards they all are get pissed off that they're not out there hassling the public to bring in more money.

I want to see a Jack Nicholson style rant where somebody looks at the doofuses who raised all this hell and says "Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT me 'choking' that black guy to death! You NEED me 'choking' that black guy to death, or you don't get your precious revenue!"

This isn't just politics...this is utter fucking stupidity.
    Dude. Where do you think they write jaywalking tickets and traffic enforcement tickets? Harlem? Try, Times Square. Where the white tourists go. It's perfectly consistent. Cops are racists, stop hassling inner-city youth, but don't you dare stop writing whitey tickets for revenue generation...

-Rob

User Tag List