Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Eotech EXPS3-0 + G33 Magnifier

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    being durable and reliable is better.. part count doesn't assure anything. I think putting this logic to everything and anything is flawed.
    It was a joke.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yeah, but which optic has the lower parts count -- and is more or less parts better?
    Where's the poll?!?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It was a joke.
    sorry, web forums are my enemy today.

I bought my EOtechs after training with some SOCOM guys who loved theirs. They could run anything they wanted, but chose EO. Now some of them have gone on to 1-6X variables, and so am I, but for different reasons. Regardless, having mine die while sitting on a shelf just sets so very wrong.

Two weeks ago I picked up my SCAR 16 that has an Aimpoint M4 on it. It is meant as my "go to" rifle. The dot was dead. I am going to say, 5 years on that battery. The dot on my XPS next to it wasn't dead at all because auto shutoff.
    What I learned from this is that I need to replace battery on both at the same intervals, and maybe turn off my Aimpoint too.

I am no special force, but I do prefer Eo's reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Two weeks ago I picked up my SCAR 16 that has an Aimpoint M4 on it. It is meant as my "go to" rifle. The dot was dead. I am going to say, 5 years on that battery. The dot on my XPS next to it wasn't dead at all because auto shutoff.
    What I learned from this is that I need to replace battery on both at the same intervals, and maybe turn off my Aimpoint too.

I am no special force, but I do prefer Eo's reticle.
    I leave my Aimpoints on all the time. I tend to change the battery every year though, just because.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I leave my Aimpoints on all the time. I tend to change the battery every year though, just because.
    I just moved a stashed AR with a micro. It's been on for 3 years and was good to go still.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Stupid phone - please delete.
    Last edited by El Cid; 01-23-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think Pannone was using RMR's.
    In June he had an EOTech on his rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    "It's proven to be the fastest aiming device"

By who? I noted earlier in this thread that I have put myself on the timer and found that the EO reticle and the Aimpoint dot are pretty much the same for me. Is there a definitive study that you are aware of that actually shows the EO reticle is faster? Have you tested this yourself, on the timer/on paper?
    FWIW, a reliable source shared with me that JSOC tested them and found the EOTech reticle faster. Notably in shot to shot transitions.

As for my personal experiences I've had a 512 fail (battery terminal related) and seen 2 of them on my squad die when a piece inside came loose. And those 2 rifles were shot once or twice a year and ride around in vehicles a lot. I was considering trying an EXPS for my next build based on the recommendation of guys like Pannone and Defoor swearing the issues are not found in those models. But after reading unobtanium's post in not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I just moved a stashed AR with a micro. It's been on for 3 years and was good to go still.
    I change the batteries in my Aimpoints every presidential election whether they need it or not.

User Tag List