Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Eotech EXPS3-0 + G33 Magnifier

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    ..and didn't CRANE select the EXPS3-0 as their official CQ optic? I can't see them selecting junk....t
    Having seen behind the curtain of .MIL and .GOV equipment selection processes, I am reminded of the quote from German Chancellor Bismarck:

"if one is to retain respect for both laws and sausages, they should not pay too much attention to the making of either.'

I call shenanigans! I heard that cat meowing in your video....I blame the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Well, I came, I saw, I left. The EoTech does not meet my rigorous standards. I tested this one for about 1.5 years. It was left in my closet, and then loaned to a friend who attached it to a rifle, and left it in his closet. After this rigorous testing, it was noted that the display HUD window had began de-laminating. The failure is shown in this video:

L3 repaired my optic within a week, though, and sent it back. This is how it looks, now (perfect):

Anyway, given how it performed when I really tested its mettle, I just sold it. I need something that can stand up to the harsh environment of my indoor closet. I've opted to go with a VCOG, instead of an RDS/MAG. It should do fine leaned up in the safe or closet or even...by the side of my bed.

/Satire, but the struggle and failure was real!

On a serious note, it looks "like" 99% of the reports of dead Eotechs are regarding the old N cell or 500 series Eotechs, and not the newer XPS/EXPS models.

I run my 4 year old EXPS 2-0 everyday at work on my patrol rifle. I have a reminder set on my phone that tells me to replace the battery in it every 60 days. I have never had the battery drain on me using this method, and I estimate I could easily get 3x the service life out of each battery in it, but won't l push in past 60 days in my work gun. I run the cheap $1/per "Titanium" brand CR123s from BatteryJunction.com and have been using them in all my lights as well for over 10 years now without an issue.

Defoor also mentioned to us in a class that his entire team swapped batteries in their Eotechs everyday as SOP. Not because they didn't trust them. They swapped new batteries everyday in all of their kit. They would have swapped the battery daily "if" they ran Aimpoint's as well....but they didn't. And they still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Defoor also mentioned to us in a class that his entire team swapped batteries in their Eotechs everyday as SOP. Not because they didn't trust them. They swapped new batteries everyday in all of their kit. They would have swapped the battery daily "if" they ran Aimpoint's as well....but they didn't. And they still don't.
    Noted. Inbound PM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    On a serious note, it looks "like" 99% of the reports of dead Eotechs are regarding the old N cell or 500 series Eotechs, and not the newer XPS/EXPS models.

I run my 4 year old EXPS 2-0 everyday at work on my patrol rifle. I have a reminder set on my phone that tells me to replace the battery in it every 60 days. I have never had the battery drain on me using this method, and I estimate I could easily get 3x the service life out of each battery in it, but won't l push in past 60 days in my work gun. I run the cheap $1/per "Titanium" brand CR123s from BatteryJunction.com and have been using them in all my lights as well for over 10 years now without an issue.

My thoughts exactly,and would SOCOM run garbage? methinks not.

what do you have to back that up? Majority of people in the military run what is easily available, even specialized units. There are a couple guys I have served with that have gone on to bigger and better things in the Marine Corps and both have mentioned less then stellar opinions on the Eotech.

I am not trying to sound rude because I am also struggling with getting used to the H1 on a carbine. All of my experience in combat was with the acog and it is taking me awhile to get used to the red dot..

Maybe. Maybe not. It's very hard to make definitive black and white rules about the military.
    #RESIST

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My thoughts exactly,and would SOCOM run garbage?
    They bought Serpas, so yeah. They occasionally do.
    3/15/2016

Yeah, but which optic has the lower parts count -- and is more or less parts better?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

being durable and reliable is better.. part count doesn't assure anything. I think putting this logic to everything and anything is flawed.

User Tag List