Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any holster recommendations for 3" K frame...

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much love for 3" wheelguns in regard to holsters. Lots of 2, 4 and even 5 options. If you can stand the extra holster below the muzzle here are a couple options.

http://www.copquest.com/safariland-5...er_23-2565.htm

http://m.dillonprecision.com/mconten...volver_Holster

I bought the Dillon/Rosen 5JR for my 5" 625 a few years ago but don't see it on their site. I've been pleased with it.

The 5JR is alive and well. He actually makes two versions; the original hand-boned, and the Express (which is what Dillon sells). This most excellent holster was my first choice (I have a couple of them for my HKs); but the expected wait time is simply too long. I need something NOW, so I can start working it in for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    The 5JR is alive and well. He actually makes two versions; the original hand-boned, and the Express (which is what Dillon sells). This most excellent holster was my first choice (I have a couple of them for my HKs); but the expected wait time is simply too long. I need something NOW, so I can start working it in for the class.

David ordered a couple of top end items from Rosen within the last couple of months. The delivery times were about half what was quoted. Just saying…...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I greatly appeciate the offer, but the JIT slide (I have one for a J frame) is pretty much a straight drop, and I need to stay with an aggressive forward cant. As for AWIB... that doesn't work for me.

Don Hume was the first place I checked. My predecessor at the FTU and I worked closely with them back in the day, developing the D416 magazine pouch for our use. Good people. The 720OT is what I want, but they don't make it for revolvers. And THAT is what I'm running into; plenty of suitable candidates out there, but very few are made for revolvers.

So far, the ONLY thing I've found that might work for my needs (and is allegedly in stock for immediate delivery) is the DeSantis Speed Scabbard; the two-slot version. I was surprised to see that SafariLand/Bianchi has zilch (oh, they have plenty of stuff, but nothing worth a crap for concealed carry); they have apparently devolved into the Walmart for cop gear.

In any event, this has become A Project. I certainly never, in a million years, expected to get this excited over revolvers again.

Thanks again, Lon; I really appreciate it.

Your welcome. It's kinda sad, looking for GOOD, in stock, leather holsters. I surfed fleebay and Amazon looking to see what was out there for my K Frames. All that chincy nylon and cheap ass leather crap made me feel kinda dirty. Guess I'll just find one I like, order and wait.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Although I did find this El Paso Saddlery holster that's similar to the 5JR:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/322...ProductFinding
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    David ordered a couple of top end items from Rosen within the last couple of months. The delivery times were about half what was quoted. Just saying…...
    I can't take that chance (of it not showing up in time). I'd be THAT guy… the one who has to look at his holster every time he re-holsters, because I'd need my off hand to spread this old worn-out Bianchi open enough to get the revolver back in it.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    The BS-SS is pretty much what I was thinking for you. We can go with any rake angle you like, 25 being the most common.
    Here is a pic of a custom speedloader pouch that rides above the belt. Not a design locked in stone, but can pretty much make any style you desire.
    That makes me feel all ate up with the wantsies.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That makes me feel all ate up with the wantsies.
    You should probably have one then... don't you think? PM me and I can set you up with something.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    The BS-SS is pretty much what I was thinking for you. We can go with any rake angle you like, 25 being the most common.
    Here is a pic of a custom speedloader pouch that rides above the belt. Not a design locked in stone, but can pretty much make any style you desire.
    Got any more pics of this?
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Got any more pics of this?
    Here a few more pics on the belt rig at different angles.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Awesome rig JRC.

LSP972 - Have you checked with Ted Blocker for something quick, while you wait for your new JRC rig? - They have 3" K-Frame molds and tend to have quick turn arounds. Quality is like the Hume of the old days.

-Rob

User Tag List