Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9A3 Is this modular enough?

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I hate the Vertec frame. I have big hands, and the standard-size 92 frame fits me like a glove, even with the thick LG302 laser grips on it. That said, if they figured out a way to put out a Vertec frame with grip panels that included a humped back strap to reproduce the standard frame contours, that would be a pretty slick idea.
    Same here. I tried a friend's Vertecs and just couldn't stand the smaller frame. That said, my wife might like the A3, and I'm glad that Beretta isn't dumping metal frame TDA pistols like S&W did.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Part of dislike of Vertec frame and its smallish feel is that it comes with a short reach trigger. Replacing it with a standard one makes for a longer reach and overall fuller feel.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    This is the same company that stopped production for years on the Brig, Vertec, Elite II, 92G-SD, etc., teased with extremely limited-run frame mounted safety models like the Steel, Stock, and Combat, but felt it wise to come out with the 90-TWO and PX4. Oh, and the G decocker and dovetail front sight isn't standard across their lineup...in 2014. Beretta is anything but a "rational agent" in a lot of their decisions.
    I'm a total Beretta fanboy (and I love the PX4) but this is absolutely true. They completely baffle me, frequently. Why money was put into the Pico, of all things, is the most recent befuddling choice.

They make really, really good guns. The quality control and engineering is on par with any other player on the market. If they would stop being weird with it and just start introducing sound designs that the market wants, they'd do even better than they are now. I'm glad they have a robust hunting division, otherwise I'd be concerned that the military contract has lulled them into Colt-style complacency.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    They put money into the Pico because the market for small semi auto pistols is pretty hot and growing. The people signing up for CCW permits in record numbers are not going to be packing full sized pistols.
    3/15/2016

Vending Machine Operator
    I guess my objection with the Pico isn't so much that it's a small .380 CCW gun, that's definitely a hot segment, just with how they chose to design it. Strange mag release, teeny tiny grip but big tall slide, etc. I think a more traditional design with Beretta quality (like a polymer mini-Cheetah or something) could have done better.

I do think the recent move back toward the many 92 variants is a very encouraging sign.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    They put money into the Pico because the market for small semi auto pistols is pretty hot and growing. The people signing up for CCW permits in record numbers are not going to be packing full sized pistols.
    The Pico shoots a lot better than it looks.

Vending Machine Operator
    I forget not everyone has big old gorilla paws like I do. I'm glad the Pico works for some.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The Pico shoots a lot better than it looks.
    Thank God. If my dog was as ugly as that gun I'd shave his butt and walk him backwards.

And this M9a3 looks like everything I wanted from Beretta, perhaps aside from a frame mounted safety model

Site Supporter
    I always thought the frame mounted safety ergonomics, on the 92, was a bit off. It's not like a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Valid point, as this is designed as an issue gun, and one must do what regulations require. I believe you are correct the USAF was the only branch that doesn't require carry with the safety engaged.

However, my comment was towards civilian use. I don't know why one would carry a TDA auto with the safety engaged unless required by regulation.
    True, the safety isn't needed for private citizens IMO. But if they wanted one for an extra measure of safety (whether real or perceived) I imagine they'd be likely to skip any pistol with it mounted in the slide.

And it wasn't just the AF not requiring the safety be engaged. It was forbidden for us to use it in that manner.

User Tag List