Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9A3 Is this modular enough?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Count on it. I've bought more guns since retiring than I have in the past 20 years. Its even worse if you have a good retirement gig to fund it all.

And you are really screwed if you have a friend who likes to help YOU spend gun money

I am very excited about this. This is pretty much the configuration I wanted a 92 in. Here's hoping the release date is somewhat accurate.

This looks great. Will be picking up one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So I have been involved in this project for quite some time.
    Cheers,

Ernest
    Glad to know that the factory at last listened to someone who actually cared about the use of the weapon. A long time coming... can't wait to see the Wilson packages for this one.

[QUOTE=El Cid;278502]True, the safety isn't needed for private citizens IMO. But if they wanted one for an extra measure of safety (whether real or perceived) I imagine they'd be likely to skip any pistol with it mounted in the slide.

And it wasn't just the AF not requiring the safety be engaged. It was forbidden for us to use it in that manner.[/QUOTE]

...except when you clear it or load it or function check it...

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So I have been involved in this project for quite some time. A couple of key points that you all should know.

1. It will come with a convertible safety lever. Meaning you will be able to convert it to a G. Think PX4 or 90-Two.
    2. As of now it will not have the internal frame buffer like the 92A1.
    3. It will have an over mold type back strap that will mimic the standard Beretta frame size.
    4. It will have checkering on the frame and beveled mag well like the M9A1.
    5. Extended Mag button.

There are some other details but I think this is the important stuff that you guys wanted to know.

Cheers,

Ernest
    Time to start allocating money. I need two of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post

...except when you clear it or load it or function check it...
    I was talking about carrying it but I probably didn't have enough coffee when I posted. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I was talking about carrying it but I probably didn't have enough coffee when I posted. Lol!
    Personally, I liked the way we carried it and didn't see any reason to do otherwise...similar to a DA revolver.

Unfortunately no easy way to mount an RDS...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Personally, I liked the way we carried it and didn't see any reason to do otherwise...similar to a DA revolver.
    100% agreed. Grew up in an Army family and was Army ROTC for 3 years (switched to AF senior year after getting fed up) so I was pleasantly surprised to discover the AF was ahead of the other services with regard to the employment of small arms.

User Tag List