Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the M&P 9 "fixed"?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    No, most guns are on paper at 50.
    I guess I am very lucky then as my M&P's are very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I guess I am very lucky then as my M&P's are very accurate.
    If you haven't shot them at distance, I'm not sure how you can make that statement.

Any functioning modern service pistol can do 1.5"-2" at 7 yards.

I've always wondered how accurate my pistols are. Still haven't found anybody to shoot them good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    If people are right the Wilson barrel won't fix anything.
    I've heard so many different reasons why the M&P's accuracy sucks I can't keep them all straight. I wouldn't mind being a test case for the Wilson barrel if I didn't have a sprog on the way. Funny how that turned me into a cheapskate overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    If you haven't shot them at distance, I'm not sure how you can make that statement.

Any functioning modern service pistol can do 1.5"-2" at 7 yards.
    Nothing to prove here. I'm just glad my M&P's don't have the accuracy issues others have.

Nothing to prove here. I'm just glad my M&P's don't have the accuracy issues others have.
    You'll never know unless you try. 21 ft. is too short.

I found out in a class that mine sucked, sadly the first time I shot it at 25 yards. Then, the trainer offered to shoot it on a break to verify - same thing, we both got vertically strung ~6" groups. Good way to waste $525 + travel costs when your pistol can't shoot at distance. That's what got me testing all mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    You'll never know unless you try. 21 ft. is too short.

I found out in a class that mine sucked, sadly the first time I shot it at 25 yards. Then, the trainer offered to shoot it on a break to verify - same thing, we both got vertically strung ~6" groups. Good way to waste $525 + travel costs when your pistol can't shoot at distance. That's what got me testing all mine.
    What makes you think I haven't beyond 7 yards with my M&P's?

According to you, a hole that is just over one inch wide is some how a 1 1/2 - 2 inch group. I say yet again, I am glad my M&P's don't have the accuracy issues others have had.

What makes you think I haven't beyond 7 yards with my M&P's?

According to you, a hole that is just over one inch wide is some how a 1 1/2 - 2 inch group. I say yet again, I am glad my M&P's don't have the accuracy issues others have had.

You said the 7 yard group was the size of a half dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    You said the 7 yard group was the size of a half dollar.
    not worth my time

As I have written and documented previously, the vast majority of full-size M&P9's I've shot have been equivalent to a typical stock 3rd gen 9mm Glock--both pistol types running 90-95 at 25 yds on an NRA B8 slow fire right out of the box. I have seen and shot a couple of M&P9's that offered extremely poor accuracy, with weird flyers making shotgun like patterns at 25 yds. I've also seen some Glocks (both 3rd and 4th gen) with major issues. However the Glocks are generally easier to fix and get running acceptably; infrequently some M&P9's seem to resist all efforts to make them shoot better.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List