Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the M&P 9 "fixed"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    I've always wondered how accurate my pistols are. Still haven't found anybody to shoot them good enough.
    Good point. Come to think of it, I'm not that great of a shot at 25 yds anyway. A 6" inch group at 25 might be an improvement for me.

Thanks for the input Doc, and everyone else. Much appreciated.

FWIW, I have qualified on both 9 mm Glocks and M&P9's and have no issues using either type.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    FWIW, I have qualified on both 9 mm Glocks and M&P9's and have no issues using either type.
    Thanks Doc, that's comforting.

They weren't fixed in 2013. I had a 9mm CORE PRO that did 8-12 inches at 25 yards. Sold it to someone who only shoots at 7 yards and is happy with it. My old Smith revolvers do 4-6 inches at 50 yards.

under 25 yd problems

I don't get the conventional wisdom about poor grouping only at longer range (25yds).
    That hasn't been my experience. My 5-8" grouping guns still grouped poorly at 7 yds, it's just easier to discern the problem at 25 yds. Basically its easier to see and notice a grouping problem at 25, than to realize that a gun that barely does 2" at 7 yds is a problem. Math, angles, geometry and all that...

Example, I've been practicing the frank garcia dot drill...shooting 2" circles at speed. My M&Ps have a hard time keeping them in the 2" circle at 7 yds...at any speed (with still lots of vertical dispersion).

I have a much easier time at the dot drill with the P30. Despite the heavier trigger, snappier recoil, the gun doesn't produce fliers (only I can do that).

FWIW, most of my M&Ps group problems were with vertical dispersion...typical groups would be 2" wide by 5-8" tall at 25 yds (5 shots).

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I don't get the conventional wisdom about poor grouping only at longer range (25yds).
    That hasn't been my experience. My 5-8" grouping guns still grouped poorly at 7 yds, it's just easier to discern the problem at 25 yds. Basically its easier to see and notice a grouping problem at 25, than to realize that a gun that barely does 2" at 7 yds is a problem. Math, angles, geometry and all that...

Example, I've been practicing the frank garcia dot drill...shooting 2" circles at speed. My M&Ps have a hard time keeping them in the 2" circle at 7 yds...at any speed (with still lots of vertical dispersion).

I have a much easier time at the dot drill with the P30. Despite the heavier trigger, snappier recoil, the gun doesn't produce fliers (only I can do that).

FWIW, most of my M&Ps group problems were with vertical dispersion...typical groups would be 2" wide by 5-8" tall at 25 yds (5 shots).
    Now hold on there sir. Are you saying its about math, distance and all stuff?/! How can this be? ;-) Must be that common core kind of math.........

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post

Its easier to see the issues at 25 out of a competent shooter. Most don't pay attention to accuracy problems (tiny bits of deviation) at 7 yards (unless they are expected shooter induced issues), so kudos to you for noticing it. Honestly we have kind of beaten this subject to death on this site and all I can say now is I hope you like them and they work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Its easier to see the issues at 25 out of a competent shooter. Most don't pay attention to accuracy problems (tiny bits of deviation) at 7 yards (unless they are expected shooter induced issues), so kudos to you for noticing it. Honestly we have kind of beaten this subject to death on this site and all I can say now is I hope you like them and they work for you.
    Nope, I decided it doesn't work for me and I moved on to the P30. Really miss CTC lasergrips....

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    If people are right the Wilson barrel won't fix anything.
    Who are these people, and what do they say, specifically?

Site Supporter
    Those people are clueful engineers, and they say there are machining issues in the slides.

User Tag List