Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The movie "The Interview" terror threats

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The Norks heavily assisted by the PRC seems pretty plausible to me.

Of course the core problem is that "security" in technology is so bad in so many places that there are a whole lot of plausible culprits.
    3/15/2016

What the hell is even going on? I can't keep up. First we hate Sony then we don't, then it's North Korea, then it's Seth Rogen, then it's the fbi, then North Korea.

All this over some shitty movie that no one was gonna see anyway?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What the hell is even going on? I can't keep up. First we hate Sony then we don't, then it's North Korea, then it's Seth Rogen, then it's the fbi, then North Korea.

All this over some shitty movie that no one was gonna see anyway?
    It's not really about the movie, at least not anymore. The movie itself is probably unfunny dreck that would have fallen like a duck hit by a Remington 870 after its release.

But that chubby little dingbat in North Korea apparently got tired of being the easy bad guy Hollywood types thought it was safe to make fun of and he bit. Because it's related to pop culture people are apparently paying attention where they haven't been to the kinds of encroachment against free speech being waged by radical islamists around the world or revelations about the hacks of much more important stuff by the Russians and Chicoms that have been hitting one after another for months now.

I suppose this is particularly ghastly because:

- It's the supposed jokiest dude on the entire damn planet basically openly punking Western civilization...because if bowl-cut over there can do this to Sony then we're not as safe as we thought.
    - It's a foreign dictator telling 'Murica what they can and can't see, and by gum we won't stand for that! We only allow home grown (maybe, as we don't really check birth certificates anymore but nevermind that) dictators to do that!
    - It's drawing in the usual attention whoring types who cannot resist inserting themselves into situations

Etc.

It's a perfect storm of disparate factors.

This is basically an act of war (just like lots of the other hacks that have come to light recently) that just happens to have been perpetrated against a movie for the sake of a dictator's vanity. Because that's how weak we appear to be at the moment.
    3/15/2016

Well then let's get to bombing the hell out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Well then let's get to bombing the hell out of them.
    That's kind of the joke. Ol' Chubbs over there is the world's punchline, but the dude has nukes. No economy to speak of, no natural resources that are worth a damn, and we have to send them a bunch of food just to keep the population of his country from starving to death...but he has nukes and apparently enough free time and capacity to give us the white-gloved slap across the face knowing we don't take any real action against it.

And short of blowing stuff up, what really can we do? It's not like there's much in North Korea to hack. We're unlikely to try and put sanctions in place because, again, nukes plus our genius in charge of things has been 86ing sanctions like it's going out of style. Including some pretty effective ones against Iran who's also in a race to get nukes. Because I get the feeling they'd like to be as immune to retaliation as ol' chubbs.
    3/15/2016

Bomb them twice.

Dear Leader takes down the decadent Americans.

Attachment 2885
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Welp, the FBI has fallen for it, too. It'll be lulzy with a capital "L" if we wind up in a shooting war and it was h4XX0rz in a Chula Vista basement pretending to be Norks.
    "Tonkin incident".
    {insert tinfoil smilie here}
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Genuine question: what do you guys hypothesize the FBI stands to gain by lying about this incident?
    Didn't say I thought that... Just said anything that derives from the fruit of Eric Holders loins has an immediate credibility deficit.

That said...... Who says the FBI would be the one to gain? The FBI (and all of Justice, apparently) is little more than a tool to further enable the current administrations abuse of the rule of law. If I was tinfoiling this specific incident, the impetus for deceit could come from many places. State? WH? I'm so lost on the myriad justifications for being lied to over the past 6 years that all I'm certain about is my distrust (and disgust).

Was the real reason behind the Benghazi coverup to avoid exposing arms trades into Syria? Was the WH involved in the IRS targeting of conservatives? What exactly was POTUS involvement in Fast n Furious that gives Eric Holders documents Executive Privilege? If these are still unanswered questions, then anythings possible regarding the Sony hack.

Do I think it was the Norks? Well, based on available data... Sure.
    But I'm forced to consider the source.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

You know you're having a bad day when our current POTUS says you shouldn't pull the movie...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/19/politi...html?hpt=hp_t1

Backlash from same group saying Sony shouldn't have pulled the movie, saying that they should pull the movie because, "POTUS can't tell you how to run your business!"..in 3...2...1

User Tag List