Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The movie "The Interview" terror threats

We are diminished

The movie "The Interview" terror threats

Site Supporter
    The grammar is so terrible I almost couldn't catch the gist of what is supposed to be happening...I'm not sure where "the places" is supposed to be.

In spite of what Hollywood says, is there any real danger to a hack attack? Like a mass casualty event? I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The grammar is so terrible I almost couldn't catch the gist of what is supposed to be happening...I'm not sure where "the places" is supposed to be.

In spite of what Hollywood says, is there any real danger to a hack attack? Like a mass casualty event? I have my doubts.
    The way I read the threat, it's a physical threat against theaters showing the movie. In fact, it sounds like the threatening party is angry because they see the movie as a "hack" attack in the artistic sense. I've seen a lot of bad movies, but none that made me want to blow up any theaters showing it.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    It's either h4XX0rz trying to sound like Norks for teh lulz, or maybe it's actually the Norks. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The idea is that it's either (a) North Koreans who couldn't write the threat in decent english or (b) someone pretending to be a North Korean who wouldn't know how to write the threat in decent english. (edit: Tam beat me to it)

My first thought upon reading all this silliness was to see if the MD/NoVA PF crowd wanted to go see the movie as a group on XMAS day. Then I realized that if the one in a million happened and that theater got blowed'ed up, I'd look really, really dumb. Plus too many people seem busy on Christmas for whatever reason. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The idea is that it's either (a) North Koreans who couldn't write the threat in decent english or (b) someone pretending to be a North Korean who wouldn't know how to write the threat in decent english. (edit: Tam beat me to it)

My first thought upon reading all this silliness was to see if the MD/NoVA PF crowd wanted to go see the movie as a group on XMAS day. Then I realized that if the one in a million happened and that theater got blowed'ed up, I'd look really, really dumb. Plus too many people seem busy on Christmas for whatever reason. I don't get it.
    I'd be in for Boxing Day. And I think bringing lots of friends with guns is always good for movies. Fuck the norks.

We are diminished
    The problem is that a small army of CCWers isn't going to be particularly useful against a couple of dudes who build a little bomb in the middle of the theater while the movie is playing, or who leave a backpack in the theater during the previous show, or...

Look on the bright side, you might get a group discount for the ferry across the Styx.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Look on the bright side, you might get a group discount for the ferry across the Styx.
    Reminds me of this tune I like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNwvIEQsg0

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    I've seen a lot of bad movies, but none that made me want to blow up any theaters showing it.
    You must not have seen the last three Star Wars movies......
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List