Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The movie "The Interview" terror threats

I make it a point to not let any of my kids go to any big movie on opening weekend. I don't think I'm being paranoid I'm just trying to keep the odds in my favor when possible.

Sony and movie theaters are weighing their odds too. The chances of something happening are low but there's a what if in the back of their brains right now. I can't say I blame them or anyone else that has changed plans because of the "threat".

There is paranoid the sky is falling fear factory and there is don't needlessly place your self at risk. I think there is a little of both going on over this. I just cancelled plans to go into town because we're getting the first snow of the year. I know how stupid people can be when it gets a little slick. Limit risk when risk can be limited.

I really don't know what a rational reaction should be. I didn't plan on watching this movie before and don't plan on watching it now. There is plenty of stupid on TV if that's what I wanted to watch.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas View Post
    I like to be optimistic and think of this as a tactical retreat while Sony beefs up cyber security before showing it.
    With respect, this comment gave me a really good chuckle. I hope I'm wrong, but...

Imagine that Sumdood lost a gunfight, and went to "beef up" their physical security before showing it. But they went to Uncle Cletus' Army Delta School of Soviet Israeli Gun Kata. They got their groups down to 6" at 7yd, and stopped even trying to improve because, after all, you want multiple holes in your adversary, right?

Well, the usual corporate approach to "beefing up" their cyber security make Sumdood look pretty smart by comparison. Reading between the lines, and the announcements of security vendors who suddenly have a Sony logo on their "partners" page, I'll bet dollars to donuts that Sony is no exception.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Sony could use all this to build their image and bolster future sales, but instead they are just being a bunch of pussies. Here's what they should do:
    • Release the movie for free by streaming worldwide
    • Show an extended version in the theaters (extended version would feature even more Kim Jong-un parody)
    • Provide free support for added security at theaters
    • Announce that they are beginning filming of a sequel

I am going to see the movie. On principle.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sony could use all this to build their image and bolster future sales, but instead they are just being a bunch of pussies. Here's what they should do:
    • Release the movie for free by streaming worldwide
    • Show an extended version in the theaters (extended version would feature even more Kim Jong-un parody)
    • Provide free support for added security at theaters
    • Announce that they are beginning filming of a sequel

I am going to see the movie. On principle.
    You forgot to add
    -Double feature with "Team America: World Police"
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Texas Theater to Show 'Team America' In Place of 'The Interview'
    The Alamo Drafthouse movie theater in Dallas, Texas, will be showing Team America: World Police in place of The Interview on Dec. 27 at 7 p.m. Wallace says that the Dallas/Fort Worth location is the only location as of now that is planning to screen the replacement film.

In a note on its website, the theater added: "THAT is how true American heroes will be celebrating this year, but if you want to let the terrorists win...well, that's your prerogative."
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

'merica! *uck yeah!
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I didn't think we negotiated with terrorists...until this latest group of sissy clowns in Washington took office!

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Last I heard, NK still denies responsibility for the attacks and I don't know what the evidence indicates.
    Just saw a news bit, with feds claiming theyve traced the hack to the Norks.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/feds-li...477374742.html

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    You forgot to add
    -Double feature with "Team America: World Police"
    I'd never heard of it before seeing your post. I just looked at a clip on youtube. I think I need to see more of it.
    Last edited by Malamute; 12-17-2014 at 11:47 PM.

If you've never seen Team America, make sure you get the unrated version, and then don't eat or drink anything through the movie, especially during the sex scene.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Site Supporter
    Release of this stupid movie is canceled.

In what way will America be blackmailed next, I wonder?

About sums it up for me.
    "Sony was stupid to make a move about killing Kim Jung-Un," Andrei Lankov said, "but it was even more stupid to cave into pressure."

The expert concluded it will be seen that America is vulnerable to blackmail and North Korea will try it again.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List