Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The movie "The Interview" terror threats

I will be going, simply to support free speech, which should not only be defended against governmental infringements, but infringements of any kinds.

Site Supporter
    I hear Satan is still angry about This is the End. A object lesson of not having guns in California for the end of days. What round for the giant Beast? Should I carry a BUG if I go to see the current movie and NK terrorists attack?

From Fox Business News:
    Sony scrapped plans to move forward with the Christmas Day release of its controversial upcoming film "The Interview" following a new spat of threats from hackers.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    From Fox Business News:
    Sony scrapped plans to move forward with the Christmas Day release of its controversial upcoming film "The Interview" following a new spat of threats from hackers.
    Maybe they wanted their ration of birds & snow coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    From Fox Business News:
    ^^^
    This is why we'll never defeat terrorism.
    We're a nation scared of it's own shadow.
    Until we as a nation (and a world) HTFU we'll be slaves to anybody and everybody with a computer and a internet connection.
    I guarantee there's a 13 year old Russian hacker giggling his head off at the prospect of causing major disruption at "_____ event" by a hack and a follow up threat.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Very disappointing. Too bad someone doesnt just put this out via torrent, and encourage impromptu showings around the country as a response. Take the liability fears out of the equation, and add back the ability of Americans to decide for ourselves how much we value free speech.

I don't give a damn about the movie itself. I care that as a nation we have essentially caved to coercion without even a hint of substantive response....

I'd hardly classify the motion picture industry as "We the People", so let's not be too disappointed in our collective selves.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I'd hardly classify the motion picture industry as "We the People", so let's not be too disappointed in our collective selves.
    Sony said multiple movie theatre chains refused to show the movie due to security concerns.
    Soccer Mom mentality rules in the US, we're fucked until we change course.
    This isn't a new phenomenon just the latest incarnation, for years you could get a major corporation to kiss your ass if you had letterhead and a fax machine and threatened boycott or even better you could get a nice payday by being a "outraged" community organizer.
    We need to start telling these squeaky wheels to go grease themselves.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    ^^^
    This is why we'll never defeat terrorism.
    We're a nation scared of it's own shadow.
    Until we as a nation (and a world) HTFU we'll be slaves to anybody and everybody with a computer and a internet connection.
    I guarantee there's a 13 year old Russian hacker giggling his head off at the prospect of causing major disruption at "_____ event" by a hack and a follow up threat.
    I like to be optimistic and think of this as a tactical retreat while Sony beefs up cyber security before showing it.

My facebook feed is half full of liberal soccer moms who think it is weak to not show it. Let that sink in.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List