Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The movie "The Interview" terror threats

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The problem is that a small army of CCWers isn't going to be particularly useful against a couple of dudes who build a little bomb in the middle of the theater while the movie is playing, or who leave a backpack in the theater during the previous show, or...
    I am sure we have enough folks with the right experiences we could conduct a better than passable IED search... assuming the theatre would not be upset by some folks crawling all over the joint...

But I do take your point, sir.

While I am not sure if this falls into stupid places / stupid people restriction (as Nork kill teams are by definition the stupidest of people), but on the other hand, I have the most strenuous of objections to allowing a worse than third world dictatorship define any aspect of our lives - no matter how otherwise unremarkable.

Really, this is one of those where one considers the very low probability of a real threat (Japanese and ROK cases from the 80's notwithstanding) versus the probability of some assholes posturing from a bloody Thai hotel or Chinese border hovel in order to justify another few months of better than usual rice rations and comfort women instead of execution by mortar squad or some other autocratic bullshit fantasy. And having faced far worse at far worse odds for probably much lesser reasons in the final analysis, I would weigh this one as something worth the stand - even if it is only a mere gesture. Or rather, because it is a mere gesture, easily done - and that is the point, as no powers of that hell on earth can compel free men and women to do anything other than what they damn well please when and how they damn well would choose for themselves to do it.

We are diminished
    Hey, I'm certainly free on Christmas if there is enough interest.

My first thought upon reading all this silliness was to see if the MD/NoVA PF crowd wanted to go see the movie as a group on XMAS day. Then I realized that if the one in a million happened and that theater got blowed'ed up, I'd look really, really dumb.
    The discussions around here would be a lot slower but man the conspiracy theories born that day would ring loud for decades!

"Did you hear that every person in the theater was packing? I heard most of them had multiple guns and reloads!!! There were more guns than people. It was covert contractors who knew too much and the NSA was cleaning house."

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    "Did you hear that every person in the theater was packing? I heard most of them had multiple guns and reloads!!! There were more guns than people. It was covert contractors patriotic citizens who knew too much and the NSA Brady Campaign was cleaning house."
    FIFY

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My first thought upon reading all this silliness was to see if the MD/NoVA PF crowd wanted to go see the movie as a group on XMAS day. Then I realized that if the one in a million happened and that theater got blowed'ed up, I'd look really, really dumb. Plus too many people seem busy on Christmas for whatever reason. I don't get it.
    Alternately if a bunch of PFers got together and some "terrorist" attempted to shoot the place up the corpse of the bad guys would gain two or three pounds from the quantity of 9mm JHPs residing in their flesh.

I told a friend about the time we got together to see Kick Ass. He said "I wonder how many bullet holes you guys would have punched in that asshole who shot up Aurora."
    3/15/2016

Hey, I'm certainly free on Christmas if there is enough interest.
    But... I wanted to see American Sniper

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    The way I read the threat, it's a physical threat against theaters showing the movie. In fact, it sounds like the threatening party is angry because they see the movie as a "hack" attack in the artistic sense. I've seen a lot of bad movies, but none that made me want to blow up any theaters showing it.
    you never saw 'Fled' then I take it. :facepalm:
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Didn't they make a flick about how the Norks could easily takeover the White House 'cause no Federal agents understood the concept of cover except for one former Secret Service guy? The Norks would have pulled it off if that demoted guy hadn't been on the scene.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Didn't they make a flick about how the Norks could easily takeover the White House 'cause no Federal agents understood the concept of cover except for one former Secret Service guy? The Norks would have pulled it off if that demoted guy hadn't been on the scene.
    Don't the Norks watch movies? Once the troubled/rogue/maverick/loner cop shows up, it is on like Donkey Kong. Especially if someone has yelled "You're off the case!" at him in the previous scene; that's when the bodies really start getting stacked up.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Don't the Norks watch movies? Once the troubled/rogue/maverick/loner cop shows up, it is on like Donkey Kong. Especially if someone has yelled "You're off the case!" at him in the previous scene; that's when the bodies really start getting stacked up.
    And if the guy who's two days from retirement and getting too old for this shit shows up... It's about to get real.

User Tag List