Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lame Duck Senate approved inexperienced anti-gun ideologue for Surgeon General

My primary concern is if the SG has any real or Executive granted authority over ACA compliance for health insurance and rates for gun owners as an end around Congress.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    Does the Surgeon General declaring firearms a public health menace give the President any additional legal authority to unilaterally take additional action to restrict firearms?

With this administration there are no norms as to what they will do based on the recommendations of the medical community organizer.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    My primary concern is if the SG has any real or Executive granted authority over ACA compliance for health insurance and rates for gun owners as an end around Congress.

There is an express limitation in the ACA that prevents rate discrimination based on being a gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't find eight years to be insufficient to develop appropriate leadership skills, especially for a figurehead position. I would've preferred that SG had had a track record of leading a large practice, department or institution rather than going a route of medical activism.
    The SG is supposed to be a voice of authority, pushing forward medical issues in America. It is typically the cap of a very long career.

Instead we got a political hack. But that is the norm for the Obama administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    That guy is a stooge. He has zero credibility. Here in Arizona, there are so many gun-centric companies: Ruger, McMillan, Robar, Galco, POF, etc. Hell, ATK has a place in the east valley of metro Phoenix where they test out explosives. I get so behind in my schedule questioning my patients about what's new and what's in the works.
    Wait, there's a PRO-gun doc in Phoenix? Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Wait, there's a PRO-gun doc in Phoenix? Awesome!
    Hell yeah! Every doc I know is pro-2A. Of course I don't hang out with morons so it may be selection bias. A neurologist I know built his own semi-auto Ma Deuce. He also has his own CNC machine to make his own suppressors on Form 1. Just wear a CZ, Sig, or HK logo t-shirt to your doctor's office and you'll find out if your doc is pro-gun or not. Wear Knight's Armament, US Optics, or Wilson Combat t-shirt to my office, and I will totally neglect your health issues and talk only about guns.

Hell yeah! Every doc I know is pro-2A. Of course I don't hang out with morons so it may be selection bias. A neurologist I know built his own semi-auto Ma Deuce. He also has his own CNC machine to make his own suppressors on Form 1. Just wear a CZ, Sig, or HK logo t-shirt to your doctor's office and you'll find out if your doc is pro-gun or not. Wear Knight's Armament, US Optics, or Wilson Combat t-shirt to my office, and I will totally neglect your health issues and talk only about guns.
    My docs aren't pro-gun, at least not openly. But their colleague shoots USPSA and 3 Gun.

Paul D, if/when my wife and I move to AZ to be near her family (she grew up in Tempe), I'll have to look you up.

As for the new Surgeon General, I'm not surprised at all. More of the same from the Obama administration and the Democrat powers that be.

I have just one question for you: are you accepting new patients? (seriously, PM inbound)

User Tag List