Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lame Duck Senate approved inexperienced anti-gun ideologue for Surgeon General

Lame Duck Senate approved inexperienced anti-gun ideologue for Surgeon General

51-43.

More details, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    More details, please?
    See:

Senate Confirms Anti-Gun Dr. Vivek Murthy as Surgeon General

... and also ...

How to Search on Google

He is very light on being a doctor as well.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    He is very light on being a doctor as well.
    8 years from residency to SG.

I don't find eight years to be insufficient to develop appropriate leadership skills, especially for a figurehead position. I would've preferred that SG had had a track record of leading a large practice, department or institution rather than going a route of medical activism.

As far as his anti-gun position is concerned, here is my surprised face. He wants MDs to routinely ask patients about firearms ownership and "counsel about appropriate measures". If this gets any more traction and expands on routine adult practice of medicine, I can see my first manuscript, YVK's Guide to Medical Firearms Safety Counseling. It will go along the lines "Doctors should advice their patients to purchase only well designed quality firearms. An investment in a safety and handling class is strongly recommended but not mandatory, refer to NRA for basic safety classes. Familiarity and safe handling is best reinforced through regular thoughtful practice with a firearm. Patients are advised to teach their family and friends appropriate safety habits to minimize a risk of injury; the more people know how to handle guns correctly, the safer our communities are, etc, etc".

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't find eight years to be insufficient to develop appropriate leadership skills, especially for a figurehead position. I would've preferred that SG had had a track record of leading a large practice, department or institution rather than going a route of medical activism.

As far as his anti-gun position is concerned, here is my surprised face. He wants MDs to routinely ask patients about firearms ownership and "counsel about appropriate measures". If this gets any more traction and expands on routine adult practice of medicine, I can see my first manuscript, YVK's Guide to Medical Firearms Safety Counseling. It will go along the lines "Doctors should advice their patients to purchase only well designed quality firearms. An investment in a safety and handling class is strongly recommended but not mandatory, refer to NRA for basic safety classes. Familiarity and safe handling is best reinforced through regular thoughtful practice with a firearm. Patients are advised to teach their family and friends appropriate safety habits to minimize a risk of injury; the more people know how to handle guns correctly, the safer our communities are, etc, etc".
    That guy is a stooge. He has zero credibility. Here in Arizona, there are so many gun-centric companies: Ruger, McMillan, Robar, Galco, POF, etc. Hell, ATK has a place in the east valley of metro Phoenix where they test out explosives. I get so behind in my schedule questioning my patients about what's new and what's in the works.

Does the Surgeon General declaring firearms a public health menace give the President any additional legal authority to unilaterally take additional action to restrict firearms?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I don't think so. I've practiced here since '97 and I honestly don't know what the Surgeon General is about. As far as I am concerned, this post has zero ability to influence anything in any meaningful way.

User Tag List