Thread: Which Trijicon HDs for p229 9mm?

Which Trijicon HDs for p229 9mm?

I am in the process of switching my guns over to 9mm. I have a new p229 in 9mm on the way, and want to set it up with Trijicon HDs, like my current p229 .40.

Trijicon, and other sites, list the HD sights by Sig model number, though I think Sig bases their sight selection by caliber. Has anyone put HDs on a 9mm p229, and if so which did you use? The ones listed for p229, or those listed for p226, p228?

Thank you,

I wouldn't buy any sights until you see where your Sig hits.
    Both my 229R and my M11A1 required elevation changes that the HD's would not work with, I had to go with a mix and match set from Ameriglo for both of them.
    The HD's would have been >4-6" off at 25Y.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Both my 229R and my M11A1 required elevation changes that the HD's would not work with, I had to go with a mix and match set from Ameriglo for both of them.
    Very much this. And if your p229 shoots to the sights that come on it, buy a lottery ticket. Immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Jody,

A nice lady at recently Trij told me they now offer different height front sights for the SIGs. I can post up an email from their CS later with the actual heights.

I absolutely agree with shooting first to see POA/POI then making the correction with new sights.

If you shoot your 229, determine POI, and then note the markings on your OEM sights (6,8, etc.), you are on your way to figuring it out. The HD sights marked 220/229 have the same rear, but a taller front than in the set marked 226/228. .10 difference in height as I recall.

I would check POI over several sessions, following the "measure a few times, cut once" approach.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Per Trijicon Customer Service:

Here is the list of Trijicon HD front sights available for SIGs.

SG101FO-.254
    SG101FO-.259
    SG101FO-.269
    SG101FO-.274
    SG101FO-.284

If you would like the Yellow Front then place a “Y” instead of the “O” for example SG101FY-.254. In addition, the cost for the front sight is $87.00 + 10.50 shipping.

FYI: Sig Trijicon rear sight is .309
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

From trijicons website, it looks like the standard front sight for the sight sets are as follows:

Sg101x: .279
    Sg103x: .289

That is listed overall height, not blade height.

I will shoot the factory sights, then do some math...

My P229R requires a +.01 front to zero, so I'm still out of luck even with the expanded range of front sight options.

User Tag List