Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver article in MSW.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

I'm also scouring the net for a 3" K frame at less than a king's ransom. You guys are evil…

I just bought a 3" 64 on The net. There's another one listed from the same guy. Not sure how you define "kings random", but I've rarely found any 3" K frame in decent shape for less than $500. Others are listed for $700+
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Never mind. I see you found the one I'm referring too. Pretty quick shipping from that guy. I bought mine yesterday. He's shipping tomorrow.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Nyeti, in the spirit of muzzleblast being a valuable part of the ballistic package, wondering what the absolute brightest flash 125-grain Magnum load on the market might be? Maybe the cheap Rem 125s sold at Wally World? If they're anything like the Rem 180 JSP load they'd be magnificent for shock and awe.

As referenced in another thread I sent my 3-in. SP-101 down the road, but been thinking about a 2.5 DAO 101 or even an LCR .357 for an in-car officer safety device these days.

I suspect a lot of folks have never seen autos pushed out of battery during ground tussles...

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Nyeti, in the spirit of muzzleblast being a valuable part of the ballistic package, wondering what the absolute brightest flash 125-grain Magnum load on the market might be? Maybe the cheap Rem 125s sold at Wally World? If they're anything like the Rem 180 JSP load they'd be magnificent for shock and awe.

As referenced in another thread I sent my 3-in. SP-101 down the road, but been thinking about a 2.5 DAO 101 or even an LCR .357 for an in-car officer safety device these days.

I suspect a lot of folks have never seen autos pushed out of battery during ground tussles...
    The Remington stuff was always blasty. We had cases with auto's not firing due to body contact.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

an in-car officer safety device these days..
    Check your PM

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Nyeti, in the spirit of muzzleblast being a valuable part of the ballistic package, wondering what the absolute brightest flash 125-grain Magnum load on the market might be? Maybe the cheap Rem 125s sold at Wally World?
    I recollect the 110gr Remington SJHP as having an actinic white muzzle flash out of Marko's 2.5" 686 that was visibly illuminating the range wall three or four lanes to the left. It was also noticeably louder than the American Eagle 240gr .44 Magnum out of the 4" Anaconda he brought on that same range trip.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I see you found the one I'm referring too.
    Yup. Looks a bit rough, but the price was right. More importantly, its built RIGHT; no MIM parts, no spring-loaded yoke screw, no recessed charge holes. The only thing missing is a pinned barrel.

But now I gotta run all over town tomorrow, getting a copy of the FFL, securing postal money orders (after going to the credit union), preparing the letter with FFL and payment, getting that mailed… now I remember why I don't mind paying more at the LGS. Just drop the plastic, fill out the 4473, and walk out with your new toy. This online buying gig is a massive rectal discomfort.

But I haven't seen a 3" K frame anywhere around here for YEARS.

I was kind of hoping someone would snipe that 64 out from under me; not five minutes after I bid on it, I found that Performance Center M-65. No joy on that, though… oh well.

I think I'm gonna do a DOA conversion with bobbed hammer on mine. Then have it head blasted. Was thinking of having a tritium front sight dovetailed in as well.

I just paid with the plastic and sent an FFL via email. Worth the extra money to avoid all the hassle.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I just paid with the plastic and sent an FFL via email. Worth the extra money to avoid all the hassle.
    He took your plastic? The "Payment" header in the ad said cashier's check/money order only. Hell, yes, I'll cough up the $15 or so extra for the CC fee.

Got his number here, I'll call him tomorrow.

Thanks.

I thought it was the same guy. Yep, paid through GB and emailed a FFL. Took 5 minutes.

Edit: just checked and it's the same guy. Go to your gunbroker summary page and click on that winning auction. Should show a link to pay through the sight. It shows he takes plastic on the add. Musta just missed it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List