Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Terrorism Event in Sydney

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Potential Terrorism Event in Sydney

Presently unfolding. Hostages taken at a cafe, held by a man with Arabic writing on a head band and a flag. Nothing but speculation at this point.

He flew the black Islamic flag. So I am betting he is an Islamic terrorist.

Flag-used-Martin-Place-cafe-siege-belongs-Syrian-extremist-group-Jabhat-al-Nusra

How quickly will the Aussies classify this as workplace violence?

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Just had to go full racist eh? Next thing you'll say is an armed citizen inside could have made a difference!

Clearly, no matter what happens next, total legal disarmament has saved lives./sarc.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Just had to go full racist eh? Next thing you'll say is an armed citizen inside could have made a difference!

Clearly, no matter what happens next, total legal disarmament has saved lives./sarc.
    Yeah I know, I am clearly not cut out for government work.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    They just had three men either be released or make a run for it. The police there seem surprisingly prompt getting out in front of the cameras to report what's happening.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Flag-used-Martin-Place-cafe-siege-belongs-Syrian-extremist-group-Jabhat-al-Nusra

How quickly will the Aussies classify this as workplace violence?

The media over here seem to be avoiding the fact that the hostage takers are flying that flag.

This is a bad thing but it could also be a good thing in the way of a wake up call... Probably missed by most though.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Another case of Sudden Jihadi Syndrome, apparently. This stuff has proved deadlier than Ebola in the west, but do you see any fundraisers being done to stomp it out?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Another case of Sudden Jihadi Syndrome, apparently. This stuff has proved deadlier than Ebola in the west, but do you see any fundraisers being done to stomp it out?
    Dunno about the "sudden" part:

The heart of Australia’s biggest city was locked down and thousands of office workers were evacuated or kept trapped in their buildings after a gunman stormed the Lindt Chocolate Cafe in the CBD about 9.40am.

The man, understood to be a fringe Islamist, is understood to have taken about 20 people hostage, a figure that dropped by five after three men and two women fled the cafe into the arms of heavily armed assault police. It is understood they were not released by the gunman but had escaped. One of the remaining hostages was last night identified as an Infosys worker.

The gunman, who arrived in Australia as a refugee in 1996, achieved notoriety after he sent letters to the families of Diggers who lost their lives in Afghanistan, accusing them of being murderers.

In November last year, he was charged with being an *accessory before and after the fact to the murder of his ex-wife, who was allegedly stabbed and set alight in her apartment complex. In March, he was charged with sexually and indecently assaulting a young woman in 2002.

As police negotiators settled in for a night talking to the man, sources close to the incident urged caution in labelling the attack as one organised or inspired by al-Qa’ida or any similar terrorist group, such as Islamic State. Instead, they painted a picture of an unstable individual well known to NSW Police and the Australian Federal Police and whose moti*vations were not *entirely clear.
    Seems like the guy is a rollup of Hissan and the Rotherham rapists and apparently he's been on a slow boil for quite some time.

I'd say when a dude with that record is hunting for an ISIS flag that his "motivations" are pretty clear.
    3/15/2016

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Dunno about the "sudden" part:
    There's this thing we have called "sarcasm", see...

(The most famous sufferer of Sudden Jihadi Syndrome had been talking to radical imams for years before he "suddenly" up and committed workplace violence.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List