Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Pushback- NYC police union wants de Blasio banned from funerals

Site Supporter

Blue Pushback- NYC police union wants de Blasio banned from funerals

NYC police union wants de Blasio banned from funerals

New York City's rank-and-file police union is urging cops to tell Mayor Bill de Blasio not to attend their funerals in the event that they are killed in the line of duty.

The Patrolmen's Benevolent Association posted a link on its website telling members not to let de Blasio and City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito "insult their sacrifice" should they be killed. The union posted a “Don’t Insult My Sacrifice” waiver officers can sign requesting the two politicians not attend their funerals due to their "consistent refusal to show police officers the support and respect they deserve."
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/14...cmp=latestnews

Oakland PD Officers were doing this a few years ago.

Perhaps I'm out of my lane in saying this, but if the top of my Chain of Command pyramid ended with a schmuck like DeBlasio, id be dropping resignation papers .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    id be dropping resignation papers .
    It's easy to say, but hard to do when it's your career, and you have a family to support.

IME: Tough guy talk is most common from folks on the outside of situation.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It's easy to say, but hard to do when it's your career, and you have a family to support.
    "Honey, I'm home! Forever! Can you call the bank and ask them to stop asking for mortgage payments?"

Perhaps I'm out of my lane in saying this, but if the top of my Chain of Command pyramid ended with a schmuck like DeBlasio, id be dropping resignation papers .
    No, like others said, it is a ton of folks livelihood. What does change is motivation on how hard you work and a passion for many becomes a J O B. No where does it say you have to work particularly hard, and it is almost impossible to get fired, especially if you don't get out of the car.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Maybe it's just me, but if my chain of finance pyramid ended in a bank, I'd be dropping off mortgage resignation papers.

I mean as long as we don't have normal real-world responsibilities, I guess I'd just opt not to have debts or something.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Perhaps I'm out of my lane in saying this, but if the top of my Chain of Command pyramid ended....

So the whole federal gov't would have to quit?

Site Supporter
    Single? No kids? Renter?

Its rare that I wholeheartedly support a unions political position but this is definitely one such instance.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but if my chain of finance pyramid ended in a bank, I'd be dropping off mortgage resignation papers.
    Immediately reminded me of this.

We are diminished
    Perhaps I'm out of my tree in saying this, but if the top of my evolutionary pyramid ended with a little piece of schmuck, I'd be dropping myself with extreme prejudice.

User Tag List