Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Who would pay $1,000 for a Tactical Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    and there is mostly the point of the majority of the posts in this thread

"I spent $500 on tac gear so I'm going to defend the $1k gear".
    Odd, did I miss Hopeton Brown's mentioning of how much he spent on tac gear?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by smithjd View Post
    I have one. It is not soft shell material, more of a very lightweight hard shell nylon with water repellent coating. I have worn it in the single digits with a base layer and fleece, on a day long off road search and was comfortable.

It is fine in a light rain but would not suffice as dedicated rain gear. It has enough pockets that you can lose your equipment in them.

I normally wear an XL shirt or Propper uniform top, but ordered this in size large. Fits well.

I would buy a solid color one, but they were not available when I ordered the MC version.
    I wouldn't call it a hard shell, as hard shell implies you don't need to put rain gear over it as most jackets I would consider to be hard shells have a gore tex lining.

It sounds like both Vertx and TYR took a soft shell jacket, and put a Nylon covering over it to make it more durable.

Now to be honest, if I ever needed to replace a jacket I would seriously consider the Vertx solid color smock. It is in the price range I am willing to pay for a quality jacket.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    what the ninja community hasn't yet caught on to is the fact that there are brands within this market that are nothing but fashion, they just happen to be wrapped in multicam or tagged "TAD".
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    My TAD pants and fleece jacket are really nice quality, made in the US, not stupidly expensive (pants were $110), and the CEO was a student with us in a Shivworks ECQC class this year.
    and there is mostly the point of the majority of the posts in this thread

"I spent $500 on tac gear so I'm going to defend the $1k gear".
    Rob,

He directly quoted the portion of your post that he was responding to: the part where you said TAD garments are "nothing but fashion."

You seem so preoccupied trying to generate insults that you miss what people are saying. He didn't defend the $1k jacket. He defended a completely separate brand that you shit on. Not content to just shit on the brand, you even had to shit on the people who buy it.

But hey, if you don't put those stupid ninjas in their place, who will?!!?

I think you could greatly increase your free time if you just used this image for 60-80% of your P-F posts:

Or here's one customized for you. This way, people can recognize the source each time they see it.

"If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

We don't need no stinking jackets!!!!

Seriously if I needed it and it worked like advertised I would buy it, just like I buy guns that work.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Just emailed them to see whether the price is a typo.

Okie John
    No response from them yet.

And I'm not holding my breath.

Okie John

Okie John
    Tyr's never been particularly fast at replying to emails, IME (I've been quite interested in their X-frame system, and have settled upon their PICO for that feature). Beyond that, I see zero reason why it'd be a price mistake. I am curious as to the LE/military pricing for them, though. There's also rumors of a hot weather version, if the SoldierSystems comments are to be trusted.

OK, I spoke too soon. They replied just as I posted that. Apparently $995 is not a typo, and there IS a mil/LE discount.

Okie John

User Tag List