Thread: SIG P232

SIG P232

I recently came into possession of a beautiful stainless steel Sig P232 with night sights and Karl Nill grips.

Looking for some feedback on carrying this gun from those with experience. Its mostly an aesthetic piece for me, but I'd like to get a holster just in case my primary goes down. I'm thinking a JRC AIWB-CDA is in order. Im wondering if the shortish barreled SIG will be appropriate for AIWB or if I should stick to behind the hip.

The one thing I've noticed is that the DA is VERY heavy. My Micro Eagle 380 actually has a lighter pull.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Doesn't Jody H have one of those as well? I think there is a picture of it in the SIG icture thread. Jody had a thread about that gun but I can't recall the title.

The P232 actually carries AIWB very well due to it's extremely narrow tapered muzzle.
    I have a TT Gunleather holster for mine (although I've only actually carried it 2 or 3 times just to show it off).
    If you want to borrow my TT holster to try out just send me a PM and pay shipping.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The P232 actually carries AIWB very well due to it's extremely narrow tapered muzzle.
    I have a TT Gunleather holster for mine (although I've only actually carried it 2 or 3 times just to show it off).
    If you want to borrow my TT holster to try out just send me a PM and pay shipping.
    The TT looks like a good option, along with the Desbien's #4 (though it only comes in black, so I'm leaning towards the TT). I was also considering the AIWB-CDA from JRC. I have one for my P2000, but it's an older construction compared to the current model. I'm wondering if it'd be too bulky in relation to the slim P232, compared to my P2000. I'm also wondering if the newer version is more suitable for tucking in a shirt compared to the older version...that'd be a nice feature to have with this gun, but I'm unsure if I should just get a separate tuckable holster.

Otherwise, I see the TT as the natural choice. Many thanks on the offer, but I'm pretty much already decided on the TT unless the AIWB-CDA convinces me. Thanks for the comment on how it carries AIWB as well...I know it can be hit or miss with smaller guns, and how they roll out over the belt line.

Like you mentioned in your other thread, the gun definitely smooths out with use. I won't be able to shoot until January, but just for dry firing it ~150 times the trigger is noticeably smoother. After I run it wet (or greasy) for a few hundred rounds, I imagine it will feel much different. Fortunately I have a good 800 or so rounds of 380 ball on hand, plus a few hundred of JHP and BB flat points.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Nice acquisition. If I ever found myself back in a place where I was limited to .380, the SIG P230 / 232 series would be very high on my list. (as some countries restrict any caliber believed to be used by LE or military... and in the irrationality, ignore basically the entire second world war period).

Frankly, have also wanted the factory to bring these up to date with a polymer frame and modern metal treatment / finishes. This is one of those weapons that could have been the suit gun of choice for more than the past decade - up until the smallest nine revolution came along.

Dont get me wrong, as is, it is an elegant weapon whose design speaks of a better time. I am just hard on my guns - and dont really like stainless.

User Tag List