Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you call this position?

What do you call this position?

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Gangsta half-sul retention position.

Honestly, though, pistol is up and in his line of sight, grip looks wonky (excessive cant for a SHO shot, but, no one's perfect), and he's clearly in a "Threat Focus" mode. I'm wondering how far off from a "natural" position this would be for someone who hasn't drilled a "proper" position extensively. Support hand looks like it's occupied with a handheld radio, but is tucked in nicely away from the muzzle. Can't say that I'm bonker's about the trigger discipline...

I can't think of a legitimate reason to hold a gun this way. The only illegitimate reason I can think of, for folks with poor safety habits, is this seems like a natural position to point at things with the muzzle. Or, of course, as a fashion statement, expressing approximately the same things as wearing your pants below your ass.

If anyone knows of a legitimate reason for the gangsta hold, I'd love to hear it.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Slide eater?
    Taking a break from social media.

Perhaps he has training scars from exposure to this stuff?;

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...0axis%20relock

Way of Cletus #3 position ?

Gun barrel used as finger extension to get ones point across...."get the F' back or I will use my 'bang finger' on you!!"

What's he doing with that baton gripped half way up?
    Last edited by Kevin Mc; 12-12-2014 at 10:25 AM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Different angle?

I'd really like to see video before I join in the full "Ha ha, cops! Amirite?" internet gun forum mode.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

It could be a couple of things. Here's another view of the same situation:

I see good trigger discipline in a VERY stressful situation. I also see black gloves, so lighting and camera angle could be causing problems in the OP's image. I also see what appears to be a radio, not a baton, in this officer's left hand.

I'm right-handed and right-eye dominant, and sometimes I cant my pistol a bit when I shoot with my left hand. Granted it's a little extreme in the pic, but this guy could be left-handed and going WHO because he's helping to control the mess at his feet.

So one story could be that a left-handed plainclothes officer helped subdue the prisoner that his partner has on the ground, then used his radio in his strong hand to call for backup. The crowd reacted badly when they realized what was going on, and the officer was forced to draw a secondary/back-up with his weak hand, at which point the photographer took some pictures.

Okie John

Site Supporter
    Seems like a good position to threaten untrained people with, have the gun near your face so people see the gun?

Just tried it and it is really awkward.

Cookie Monster

User Tag List