Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington HTP 147 gr

Remington HTP 147 gr

Any tests done with this ammo? I guess it's the upgrade for Golden Saber (like HST>Hydra-Shok)

The HTP line is the same as the old Express line - they just renamed it. Golden Saber is still the premium line from Remington. I've shot a lot of the Remington Express is 45 acp. and 9mm and it is good ammo, but the bullet designs are very dated, and so there are better options. HTP is on the same level as Winchester White Box JHP's and Federal's Classic line. I would carry the HTP loads only if I didn't have any newer gen. ammo like Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot.

I can highly recommend SGAmmo.com if you are looking for 50 round boxes of carry ammo, as well as cases of practice stuff.

Funny you should mention sgammo, that's where I order all of my ammo,I'm looking for something on the "list" for my wife's xds that doesn't kick like a mule,got her some Critical Defense since I don't foresee her getting into a gunfight(wrong weapon for that) and in my own tests they expanded through an old car door and a 2x4(albeit not the prettiest),do you happen to know if the 147 gr Golden Saber is like for recoil? I tried some standard pressure Critical Duty and it kicks noticeably more than the 115 gr stuff.

All of the 147 grain loads are mild IMHO. The Federal 9BP 115 grain load is also very mild and feeds in everything I've tried.

This stuff?; http://www.midwayusa.com/product/115...oint-box-of-50

It's an old school plain vanilla JHP.

Federal 9BP does feed well, and is accurate and low recoil, but terminal performance is seriously lacking. And yes, I also carried it back in the day.

Fed 9BP was my first duty load.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    Funny you should mention sgammo, that's where I order all of my ammo,I'm looking for something on the "list" for my wife's xds that doesn't kick like a mule,got her some Critical Defense since I don't foresee her getting into a gunfight(wrong weapon for that) and in my own tests they expanded through an old car door and a 2x4(albeit not the prettiest),do you happen to know if the 147 gr Golden Saber is like for recoil? I tried some standard pressure Critical Duty and it kicks noticeably more than the 115 gr stuff.
    If you don't already, get on their mailing list for the ammo you want. I'm registered for a couple different flavors, and got the notification for 147 HST on Tuesday. They had 360 boxes when I ordered and we're out within 20 minutes, with a 5 box limit.

Quote Originally Posted by hurley842002 View Post
    If you don't already, get on their mailing list for the ammo you want. I'm registered for a couple different flavors, and got the notification for 147 HST on Tuesday. They had 360 boxes when I ordered and we're out within 20 minutes, with a 5 box limit.
    Bingo. Ammo is the only thing I'll go in debt for at this point, other than an emergency.

I would carry older generation ammo without a second thought if it was necessary, but if you can get HST for a few bucks more....

Remington HTP 147 gr

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    Any tests done with this ammo? I guess it's the upgrade for Golden Saber (like HST>Hydra-Shok)
    Only loads available on the list, currently, in 9mm is the 147gr Golden Saber and Critical Duty +p. In my experience, recoil is like any other 9mm load... Not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hurley842002 View Post
    Grrr it went into my spam folder! Wanna sell a few boxes? Lol

User Tag List