Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I carry appendix and use it exclusively

37 50.00%
  • No, I carry appendix and carry/train in other positions

37 50.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey on handgun carry positions

I picked yes. 5 Shot SME, but very recently took possession of a JRC CDA-II. Of the prior 75K rounds through my P30 v3, I would say I have a ratio of 1/3 to 1/4 DA to SA shots. So that is 25K +/- reps of holstering and drawing a hot gun. Although I did shoot one match from OWB consisting of 100rds, so there's that....
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    1) AIWB, only owb if trainer/game does not allow

Leather: 5Shot SME and JRC cda2
    Kydex: DSG, JMCK
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    1) AIWB whenever possible. Game rules are the only main exception.

Kydex: mine
    Leather: 5Shot SME
    Smart Carry sparingly.
    Explanation here is perfect, but please vote in the actual poll, so at the end we get a tally based on the poll mechanism.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Explanation here is perfect, but please vote in the actual poll, so at the end we get a tally based on the poll mechanism.
    Tapatalk shows no poll, sorry.
    I'll hit up my pc this evening and correct the issue.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Use browser on your phone.

Clarification on my "yes" vote, overwhelmingly I shoot and carry aiwb but not exclusively for reasons mentioned.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I carry appendix for virtually all my concealed carry, with the extremely rare exceptions where I have to wear a dress shirt and jacket, where I will strong-side OWB (an occurrence that has happened about twice in the past two years). I use a drop-leg (hiked up as high as possible, essentially the same height as a UBL would afford) when I'm lounging around the house and when doing carbine training. So, about 80% of my carry is with appendix, as is about 90% of my pistol training.

Concealment is an RCS Phantom, drop leg is a Safariland 6004.

I voted no, but the ONLY time I carry AIWB is when I'm running/walking and I use a Raven VG2 with an AirLITE J-frame. The rest of the time it's 3-4 O'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Just to be clear, if someone carries appendix 99% of the time you want them to answer "no," correct?
    LOL

AIWB: GI Silent Thunder AIWB holster

Site Supporter
    AIWB: JMCK about 80% of my own time.
    OWB: Fricke Gideon Elite.
    Duty : Safariland 070.

^^^^^ to TLGs and gtmtn's points: dichotomy of this question is the flaw of this poll which will make me personally disregard the data unless people chose to quantify it.

I voted no because, as you know, I shoot production and ssp and I dryfire from both positions.
    However, taking one month as a unit of time, I will have a loaded gun in an OWB position anywhere from 0 to 5 minutes, and I remember two live practice sessions in last 8 months from OWB. So, while I voted no according to poll definitions, I think de facto I am in a yes group.

AIWB other than game rules. I won't attend a class unless I can use AIWB from concealment anymore.

P226 Jm custom with kydex mag holder reversed IWB

User Tag List