Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther CCP

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by looseduke View Post
    I have shot two ( and briefly owned one) Umarex-made/Walther branded guns...
    Truly, I apologize.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I can honestly say without bias one way or the other the PPS is a pretty damn good gun. The CCP will be interesting, I just hope they start supporting their products better than they have in the recent past. I wasn't to impressed with their customer service. When S&W was taking care of them they were pretty great though.
    I actually had some stellar service on a PPQ recently.

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
    Good to know. If the PPX acts up again, I plan on sending it in to make sure it has whatever is the latest iteration of the FP block parts. (I remain morbidly fascinated by that gun. )

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Good to know. If the PPX acts up again, I plan on sending it in to make sure it has whatever is the latest iteration of the FP block parts. (I remain morbidly fascinated by that gun. )
    Not to drift the thread too far, but what was the problem with the PPX? Was it a catastrophic failure such that you'd not recommend it anymore or is it still an okay gun as far as low budget plastic people poppers go?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Not to drift the thread too far, but what was the problem with the PPX? Was it a catastrophic failure such that you'd not recommend it anymore or is it still an okay gun as far as low budget plastic people poppers go?
    As best as can be determined, enough crap built up around the FP block mechanism to keep it from actuating properly; either the lever arm in the frame wasn't rising all the way or it couldn't overcome the friction of the junk around the little plunger. It has returned to normal function since cleaning and lubricating.

Personally, I was rather impressed that a gun at that price point that could go nearly 1900 rounds without cleaning before having a malf. I sure wouldn't have advised HH6 to check one out if she could find one to rent before I started reading your reports.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Truly, I apologize.
    Thank you, accepted in good spirit.

I have not shot nor touched this gun, but I believe Umarex has proven two things with the previous models I mentioned: they do not build guns that even come close to "real" Walthers, but they are perfectly willing to ride on their reputation and soil it for a quick buck.

Having grown up with my father telling me "you have to work a lifetime to build your name, but you can destroy it in a day" that means something to me.

Looking forward to your review.

We got a couple into the shop yesterday. Fondled them and they feel great as far as ergos and overall size and shape go, but the trigger killed my interest. It felt like a Kahr trigger after being dragged through a sandbox, so Tam, I'm wondering if it ends up smoothing out after a bit of use?

It's just a hair large for what I'd consider the BUG category. To me, BUG is pocket- or maybe ankle-sized. The CCP is just over the belt-size line, from my perspective at least. Like the Shield, it should appeal to those who want to carry a belt-size gun but can't dress like a hobo to accommodate a service-size auto. And gun hipsters who care about the operating mechanism their pistol uses.

Given the length and weight of the trigger pull, plus the fact that the gun is not fully cocked, I'm not sure I'd have much use for the thumb safety. I've never applied it on the test gun save out of curiosity to see how easily it was disengaged.
    You are right its a little to big for pocket /ankle carry.

Although I have seen a lot ankle holster for pistols I would never consider. I even saw one for the my P30 .

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
    That is good to hear. If I keep hearing stories like that I might rethink getting another PPS or two.

User Tag List