Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther CCP

Vending Machine Operator
    I also avoid Umarex entirely. I borrowed a PPS last year and the quality and accuracy blew me away, enough so that I just ordered one finally last week. It was so easy to shoot with and the quality was so apparent.

Then I shot a friend's PK380.

Those guns should not both have the name Walther printed on them. I realize Umarex is the parent company but their product is considerably lower quality and they risk diluting the well-deserved reputation of Walther when they slap the name on any old thing.

Quote Originally Posted by e0603 View Post
    For me as a lefty it's especially frustrating to see all these small pistols released with single-sided safeties.
    I particularly enjoyed the feature list that includes the mag release being reversible for left handed users.

but, y'know, not the safety. the kill switch. the off button.

No. That's right handed only.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by looseduke View Post
    I am right there with you, but I have an additional question. Is this a Walther made gun or an Umarex made pot metal masterpiece like the P22? If the latter, my humble recommendation is to give it a wide berth. There is a significant difference in quality between the two.
    Yes, it is Umarex. No, it is not pot metal.

I love the definitive statements about the gun from people who've never seen one in person. Please, y'all tell me more about this gun sitting here in my hand through which I've put most of a case of ammo.

If I wanted this level of informed speculation, I'd read YouTube comments.
    Last edited by Tamara; 12-18-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It's just a hair large for what I'd consider the BUG category. To me, BUG is pocket- or maybe ankle-sized. The CCP is just over the belt-size line, from my perspective at least. Like the Shield, it should appeal to those who want to carry a belt-size gun but can't dress like a hobo to accommodate a service-size auto. And gun hipsters who care about the operating mechanism their pistol uses.

Given the length and weight of the trigger pull, plus the fact that the gun is not fully cocked, I'm not sure I'd have much use for the thumb safety. I've never applied it on the test gun save out of curiosity to see how easily it was disengaged.

Out of curiosity Tamara, what in your opinion does the c3p offer that the PPS doesn't?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Out of curiosity Tamara, what in your opinion does the c3p offer that the PPS doesn't?
    Truthfully? One word: It starts with "pr" and ends with "ice".

Well, that, and the slide is considerably easier to manipulate, and it's slightly softer-shooting. If you can afford the more expensive gun, plan on shooting a lot, and can run the slide, getting the PPS would probably be the proper course of action. I'm not sure that the typical p-f.com poster is the target demographic for either this or the PPX.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Vending Machine Operator

I love the definitive statements about the gun from people who've never seen one in person. Please, y'all tell me more about this gun sitting here in my hand through which I've put most of a case of ammo.

No Youtubism intended, just past Umarex experience. Maybe they've upped their game!

Hadn't even looked at the price point of the CCP. I never understood why the PPS stayed as expensive as it is. I have seen them priced new at around $500 recently though. And the magazines are ridiculously expensive.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I can honestly say without bias one way or the other the PPS is a pretty damn good gun. The CCP will be interesting, I just hope they start supporting their products better than they have in the recent past. I wasn't to impressed with their customer service. When S&W was taking care of them they were pretty great though.

Tamara,

I liked your (blog) take on trigger reach measuring tape from the trigger, around the grip, and back to the trigger. Unless that's a part of your magazine write-up, can you share that measurement, please?

I have shot two ( and briefly owned one) Umarex-made/Walther branded guns, and found the quality markedly inferior to Walther made products. Therefore I would say I have extrapolated, not speculated.

I am sure this is a wonderful gun, built to the highest standards available to Umarex. A game changer even, and I say that with polite irony. Based on my past documented experiences I shall pass that's all.

User Tag List