Thread: Bill's FAST Mozambique

Bill's FAST Mozambique

I was at the range yesterday running various drills and the "Old FAM" test when I decided to combine several drills into one to break the boredom.
    Since I already had three targets set up I decided to just run with that and here's what I came up with.

"Bill's FAST Mozambique".
    • Setup: 3 IPSC targets spaced 1' apart at the shoulders, 7 yards away. May use a Magic marker to outline the head and body "A" zones to make it slightly easier.
    • Start is handgun concealed, hands relaxed at sides, gun loaded 7+1, one spare mag with a minimum of 7 rounds.
    • CoF: At the buzzer draw and do a Bill Drill on the center target (6 shots into the body "A"), transition to the left target and shoot a pseudo-FAST (2 shots into the head "A", reload 4 shots into the body "A"), transition to the far right target and finish with a Mozambique (2 shots into the body "A" then 1 shot into the head "A").
    • Scoring: missing a body "A" is +1 second, missing a head "A" is +2 seconds added to overall time.

Anything under 10 seconds clean is blazing fast.
    Under 12 seconds is really solid stuff.
    Under 15 is double plus good.

Last edited by JodyH; 12-07-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

This sounds awesome, I will be sure to try it this week. Thanks Jody!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    "You have to go faster to get faster and wasted motion is dumb."

Looks like fun, I will be trying this next time I'm out. I'm doing the math in my head on my usual times for these drills, this is goona be hard....

Just sent this to my range buddies to add to our list of range drills. GREAT idea Jody!!
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Ran this twice, both 8.68 exactly. First one I had a -1H on the FAST portion (1/4 high) second was clean. Lots of fun thanks Jody!
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    "You have to go faster to get faster and wasted motion is dumb."

It's an ammo eater, especially if you're shooting/competing with friends.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I'm digging it. Will try at my next range session.

User Tag List