Thread: Rem 700 Trigger Replacement - in ~7.8 Million rifles

Site Supporter

Rem 700 Trigger Replacement - in ~7.8 Million rifles

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/busi...ar-gun-n262721

... under a nationwide settlement filed Friday in a federal court in Missouri, the company is agreeing to replace the triggers in about 7.85 million rifles.

Now where did I put that receipt for the Timney trigger I bought for mine? Interesting that they say they will reimburse folks for aftermarket triggers.

Site Supporter
    About f****** time
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Next time someone starts bitching about tort reform I'm pointing them to this case. M'F'ing designer warned them about this decades ago and the execs wouldn't spend the 5 1/2 cents per rifle to fix them? Because "cost"?

Hang them. Dig them up if necessary.

Between this, the R51 debacle and them doing their best to cheapen the 870, big green is probably done for.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Between this, the R51 debacle and them doing their best to cheapen the 870, big green is probably done for.
    There's a recall out on the "economy" pump shotguns (887 or whatever it is called) due to possible slam fire issues. One of the lab rats I work with bought one of these and proudly brought it to me for show and tell. She's a great gal, and I managed to refrain from throwing up all over her new prize. What a piece of dreck…

I agree, their ability to survive all these back-to-back hits is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I think they were done a long time ago, about the time the 710 came out...Sad, because they truly were one of the great American firearm manufacturers. I refuse to buy anything Remington anymore.

User Tag List