Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ruger sr series

ruger sr series

any love on here for these?

I think "love" might be a bit...strong.

I know very little about the SR series, but I will say that Ruger is going in the right direction with the SR9E.
    I have been very pleased with the other Ruger autos I've purchased recently - two LCP's and a LC9. The new LC9S is also a big improvement as well, and shows, at least to me, that Ruger is looking to improve it's products to meet customer demand.

Ruger customer service has been top-notch in my experience as well, and I would not hesitate to purchase anything in their lineup if it met my needs.

for curiosity,i looked at rugerWS. diff between lc9 and lc9s? couldn't see one on the spec sheets.

dah-striker fired. thought the lc9 was a striker fired gun.

I've witnessed an SR9c go down at a KSTG match due to severe extraction issues. The owner indicated that the gun had been problematic in the past and would be going back to Ruger.

I wouldn't take a free Ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I wouldn't take a free Ruger.
    That's helpful.

I had an SR9c that ran like a raped ape and was extremely pleasant to shoot. I believe it made it about 5,000 rounds before I retired it. I also ran an SR40 in several IDPA classifiers and at an InSights Intensive Handgun skills class. I never experienced any issues with my SR series pistols. My total round count on the platform is probably around 10,000. With all that in mind, if I were selecting a polymer framed pistol for carry, the SR series would not crack the top 3. I would prefer an SR to an XD or a Taurus, certainly. But in a market with Glock, M&P, the VP9, the Walther PPQ, and the Sig P320 all out there,the SR would come after all of them.

At the time I was shooting Ruger SR pistols I was sponsored by Ruger.

thanks. looking at the rugers for $ reasons. retirement income is not compatible with shooting 2k rounds a week thru 3 or 4 $800 guns. thus,my questions on several forums here. walther ppx from cdnn is looking real good now. cheaper than used glocks-which seem a bit pricey for what they are at various sites.

User Tag List