Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Is having a hammer for Appendix carry worth changing platforms?

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Horseshoe, by the way, sells holsters without sweat shields if that is problem.
    That would be the exact opposite of a solution. We were speaking of holsters that force the thumb safety on, and how that is a good thing (and for me, a mandatory thing). Aratoonian doesn't know how to make practical holsters, and I wouldn't expect anyone from this site to look to him for one. I brought this up to save people on this forum, who are interested in practical self defense gear that makes sense, to avoid him.

Fair enough.

Thumb safety movement hasn't been a problem for me. As primarily a 1911 user, I've found sweat shields, in general, to be in the way of a a "full firing grip", so I prefer no sweat shield on my holsters, if I have the option.

Good thing there are so many holster makers offing so many different designs to keep all of us happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Not that it comes up a lot in these circles, but it's a really good reason not to use Andy Aratoonian, ever. His leather craft is first rate -- and I mean literally the best I own, and I own many many -- but he insists on molding the safety in the down position. A Horseshoe Leather holster will literally force your safety off as you holster. I'll save the epithets, but it's a darn shame.
    Is it done strictly out of principle, or is it just because that is the way the Red Gun he uses was molded? Did you ask him that?

It doesn't make any sense.

Mr. Aratoonian used to be located in Sharrow, England if I remember correctly. Being in England probably makes testing holster designs very hard.

User Tag List