Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: effect of shots to arms and legs

Quote Originally Posted by Luger View Post
    Ok. So if the femur is struck, the person will probably fall and not be able to get up again.
    If the femur is not struck, the person will probably be unimpressed and able to just walk away.
    Just because you put a BG on the deck doesn't mean he'll stop trying to kill you. You just get a smaller target to shoot at.

Ok. So if the femur is struck, the person will probably fall and not be able to get up again.
    If the femur is not struck, the person will probably be unimpressed and able to just walk away.
    Thats it. I shot a BG with a P226 and Action 1 bullet from 8 meters in the upper leg. The bullet broke the bone and he went down as if hit by a baseball bat. I know it was a lucky hit and only good hits count. By the way: I am from Germany too and I hope my English is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Extremity hits by handgun projectiles to non-critical soft tissue are generally no different in damage than poking someone with a knitting needle. Hit an large blood vessel, fracture a weight bearing bone, or injure a major nerve, then you will typically have a much greater effect...
    This. And what effect there is with these hits is mostly psychological in my experience.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Frank75 View Post
    Thats it. I shot a BG with a P226 and Action 1 bullet from 8 meters in the upper leg. The bullet broke the bone and he went down as if hit by a baseball bat. I know it was a lucky hit and only good hits count. By the way: I am from Germany too and I hope my English is understandable.
    You are doing just fine Frank. Willkommen to PistolForum

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank75 View Post
    What is the Action 1 bullet?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    And what effect there is with these hits is mostly psychological in my experience.
    How does one ascertain that a certain wound affected the target psychologically as opposed to, say, through an involuntary reaction to nervous system stimulus, sudden spike and then drop in blood pressure, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    What is the Action 1 bullet?
    A verry light (about 88gr) solid copper hollow point bullet. It's usually used by german police special forces .

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

effect of shots to arms and legs

A verry light (about 88gr) solid copper hollow point bullet. It's usually used by german police special forces .
    Danke

Do the Germans and other Europeans prefer lighter bullets for police work or do many use the 124-147 gr used in America?

I assume these are not common for civilians?

Sorry for getting a little off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    How does one ascertain that a certain wound affected the target psychologically as opposed to, say, through an involuntary reaction to nervous system stimulus, sudden spike and then drop in blood pressure, etc.?
    I don't think you could without participation of the person shot. For my experience, it was reported/deduced through the pt assessment process. Mostly a self-fullfilling, OMG-I've-been-shot type of thing.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Do the Germans and other Europeans prefer lighter bullets for police work or do many use the 124-147 gr used in America?
    In germany we have a technische Richtlinie (technical guideline) for police ammunition. As far as I know it's only met by solid copper hollow point bullets with plastic tip.
    All federal and state police forces shall issue this ammunition for common police work.

User Tag List