Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quantico Marine Base Requires Registration of Personal Firearms by Everyone

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
    My guess would have been entering a facility with a POW by civilians using say a CAC card would be a buereaucratic nightmare.
    I do it all the time on Quantico without any issues.

Here is the QSC summary explaining the changes. It is still unclear if you can enter as a guest by yourself. From this summary it appears you need to be accompanied by a member. Also, it looks like I may not bring my empty carry gun or a backup gun, even if cased.
    Cody

QSC Members:

The new base order is very similar to the previous order. I will highlight a few of the most important changes.

When you enter the base you must state that you have weapons in the vehicle and show your membership card.

You can not bring a weapon that will not be fired that day.

You can not leave the range with a weapon unless it is cased. There is no open carry or concealed carry on the base unless you are a federal officer with your shield.

When you renew your membership or bring a guest a form must be signed stating that you have read the order and understand it.

As the order reads right now minors under 17 can be accompanied by their parent. ( We are waiting on clarification from the base but the order states minors under 17 accompanied by adult can shoot. Club wishes the adult to be a parent.) This may change in the future.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    You can not bring a weapon that will not be fired that day.
    I don't like a lot of those rules, but I really don't like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I don't like a lot of those rules, but I really don't like this one.
    I have a good friend who is a federal officer and likes to shoot this match. Maybe I will ride with him.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I stopped shooting XTC and LR rifle matches at Camp Atterbury, Indiana for exactly those reasons.

User Tag List