Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick some new sights!

Site Supporter
    I try to keep it simple. I do Warren Tactical's U-shaped sights. They offer no benefits over and give nothing up to 10-8 sights, and I prefer blacked out rear and Tritium front.

And I'd be all over those Heirloom Glock sights like Tacticool on a 5.11 fanny pack....

3 here...

I would be happy to purchase five of Mr Burton's front sights.

(I'm not greedy, I just have a bunch of Glocks.)

Fellas’... I appreciate the interest and feedback on the sight.

Despite making my living working on a 100-year-old gun, up to this point most of the sights have been made for a Glock because the ease of installing/removing the front sight makes it a convenient test bed. So far the sight has proved durable, which is always a primary concern.

The sight is labor intensive to make with each sight being made and regulated individually for each pistol. Regulating the front sight individually also allows it to be compatible with any rear sight the shooter wants. While this insures each gun achieves a precise and correct zero it also requires the sights be done one at a time... in my mind to do otherwise or simply guess at the front sight height would be to do it wrong. This is not necessarily the cheapest, fastest, or easiest way to do it but then again what do I know, I still work on a 100-year-old gun.

While I would love to sell a million of them (or even 1000), due to my time investment in making, regulating, and finishing each sight I would have to charge allot of $$$$ for them.

So, despite my genuine desire to make one of these sights for everyone who would want them, at this point (mostly due to having to balance my time against my exceedingly low-tech approach to making them) I’m not able to offer them on anything but a gun that I’m building. Sorry...
    Heirloom Preicison
    www.heirloomprecision.com

If anyone is trying to understand the difference between a craftsman and a manufacturer, that's a pretty good example.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    So, despite my genuine desire to make one of these sights for everyone who would want them, at this point (mostly due to having to balance my time against my exceedingly low-tech approach to making them) I’m not able to offer them on anything but a gun that I’m building. Sorry...
    While I'm disappointed, of course that makes sense and I respect it.

Maybe this is too far a reach, but would you ever consider licensing the design to a sight manufacturer? Could potentially be a way to earn extra money without having to impact your time.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

We are diminished
    I'd also say that, especially for Glocks, most people are looking for a plug & play solution and are used to getting a "standard height" sight. I wouldn't worry about the individual regulating stuff, I'd just make them for whatever the normal height is for a Glock front sight. And, as Byron said, I'd find a company to do the mass manufacturing. Though I can also sympathize with the difficulty of making that happen quickly, easily, and correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'd find a company to do the mass manufacturing. Though I can also sympathize with the difficulty of making that happen quickly, easily, and correctly...
    Word.

Interested in talking....

It's all a numbers game. We can make pretty much any sight you could want. But we also have to take the cost it takes for us to get through the entire process and spread it across the number of sights built. Even at higher numbers in quantity they may still be too expensive for most people.
    Chris T Abernathy
    Business Development Manager
    XS Sight Systems, Inc. | XSSights.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC

If you can find a way to automate the production of them and still keep up with the quality you want, I would take a handful in Dovetail/Novak cut for all my pistols.

User Tag List