Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Haley says "don't buy the MagPul DVDs"

Dang, I didn't not know that about the Panteo guy. I wonder if he's repaid his debt. Shitty thing to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    Dang, I didn't not know that about the Panteo guy. I wonder if he's repaid his debt. Shitty thing to do though.
    On that subject- is it legal for him to be in business again after that? I know in finance, once someone's pled guilty to a crime related to ripping off clients/investors they're done like yesterday's Turkey.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    On that subject- is it legal for him to be in business again after that? I know in finance, once someone's pled guilty to a crime related to ripping off clients/investors they're done like yesterday's Turkey.
    I doubt there is any law preventing incorporation. But that might explain why he had to Indigogo his attempt to building a filming range, rather than just getting investors (beyond the fact it was a risky idea to begin with).

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    I wonder if he's repaid his debt.
    I believe he eventually did, yes ... with some prompting from government. However, I remember clearly when he was telling those unpaid employees he was broke and couldn't pay them back... at the same time he went online posting photos of his new expensive motorcycle. The guy is simply dishonorable, period, end of story.

I think it'd be a bit naive to assume that Haley is not a businessman.

This is how he feeds his family. What he's saying is probably a good business decision. I would not fault him for that, nor do I find it unethical, shady, slimy, or anything of the likes to suggest that 7 year old training material is out of date and you should buy newer stuff.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

We are diminished
    TGS -- My thoughts as well. It doesn't have to be an either/or thing. "I'd like you to buy the DVDs that I get paid for, and I've also modified what I teach based on another seven years of experience so the new DVDs teach different, and I think better, stuff."

It's the guy who thinks his 20 year old VCR tapes are still "state of the art" that would concern me more...

"This is how he feeds his family."
    I suspect his family is fed well enough on the income from his wife's dermatology practice: http://www.haleydermatology.com/
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I suspect his family is fed well enough on the income from his wife's dermatology practice: http://www.haleydermatology.com/
    Didn't Travis also pimp some dermatology products too?

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Didn't Travis also pimp some dermatology products too?

Yes, and now it makes so much more sense as to why he had skin cream for sale next to gun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas View Post
    Yes, and now it makes so much more sense as to why he had skin cream for sale next to gun stuff.
    More power to him. If he wants to pimp a line of tactical pink tutus to his fanboys, I have no issues.

User Tag List