Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: I love 3" Smith Revolvers

The 3" 66 is one of the guns I really want bad (or a 3" 19). Go ahead and send that. Your dad would want his California translator to have it. I already have the perfect trade in mind..........
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    The 3" 66 is one of the guns I really want bad (or a 3" 19). Go ahead and send that. Your dad would want his California translator to have it. I already have the perfect trade in mind..........
    If it were any old 66 3", I'd be willing to talk. This one, though stays in the family

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    If it were any old 66 3", I'd be willing to talk. This one, though stays in the family
    Yea,but I am like family. Just think, you could have a twin to your dad's .338-06.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Yea,but I am like family. Just think, you could have a twin to your dad's .338-06.
    Crom laughs at your .338-06. He laughs from his mountain, aiming his 9.3x62.

Site Supporter
    In the late 80's I worked for Ruger's west coast LE distributor and saw numerous 3" Speed Sixes come through and was stupid to not hoard them. The 3" on the Service Six is a great combo. I will likely now try to grab a 2 3/4" Speed Six as a companion as the smaller round butt frame with the slightly shorter barrel was always a very well balanced gun and I have a dear friend who did a ton of good work with one.
    Indeed he did! If that Speed Six could talk...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Book, gentlemen.

We need all of you folks to write a book. It would be a great read, and a useful tool to train the newer generations.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Book, gentlemen.

We need all of you folks to write a book. It would be a great read, and a useful tool to train the newer generations.
    Agreed Bill Agreed.....cya retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

No books.......or it would have to be fiction..;-).

Wayne and I had a good revolver day yesterday along with our normal practice. The Ruger was stellar at 25 yards as the front sight was about perfect to center on the bull (literally very X ring capable). However, as the range decreased, the sight disappeared and things got really tough. I am thinking a gold dot or line is needed. The Ruger action is very different on how it loads from the Smiths I have been shooting a lot. With that said, it is very capable. On a side note....Wayne is simply frightening with a .38 service revolver...very frightening. We are getting excited about our NY-1 HiTS home defense guns being built right now, and my enhanced Model 10 3" that is at Robar just waiting for Robbie to finish the magazine photo's.

..... We are getting excited about our NY-1 HiTS home defense guns being built right now, ......
    Is this something that you might offer to the hoi polloi, sometime down the road?

We are getting excited about our NY-1 HiTS home defense guns being built right now...
    That really does sound intriguing. Spill the beans!

User Tag List