Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Agents Pose as Repairmen to Bypass Warrant Process

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I signed a sworn statement written on a paper towel that I was not "to-wit, here-two-fore" an agent of law enforcement under penalty of "habeus corpses". This was a condition of the tweaker allowing me into his home to buy dope.

I signed, he sold.
    Comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

For what it is worth, many burglars/home invaders use the same tactics to scope out their next score-yet there's no public outcry against that.
    For what it's worth, that's probably more so due to the fact actual criminals are not sworn to uphold the law, and are expected to do shady stuff.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    For what it's worth, that's probably more so due to the fact actual criminals are not sworn to uphold the law, and are expected to do shady stuff.
    So we return to the problem; how do sworn law enforcement officers effectively apprehend intelligent criminals?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

For the most part, they don't.

I'm a bit curious what you think the problem is. Surely you're not suggesting that the existence of moderately intelligent and well-read criminals should justify a general weakening of Constitutional protections...
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Same way they always have?

Are our criminals so much more intelligent than they were 50 years ago? Is catching them worth burning the constitutional right to be safe in one's own house from government search?

If you have probable cause that the guy has his dope with his grandma or his baby mama, get a warrant to search them, too.

I signed a sworn statement written on a paper towel that I was not "to-wit, here-two-fore" an agent of law enforcement under penalty of "habeus corpses". This was a condition of the tweaker allowing me into his home to buy dope.

I signed, he sold.
    I never had that but I don't know how many times I told some dealer if I was a cop I'd have to to tell you. I saw it on Cops.

If I was a repairman being subjected to an interrogation, requiring me to signing a form, and being videotaped I'd tell you to pound sand and find another company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I signed, he sold.
    I always told hookers I was a Fireman when I worked vice..........now I feel bad. Hookers love firemen too.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I always told hookers I was a Fireman when I worked vice..........now I feel bad. Hookers love firemen too.
    LMFAO!!!

I think the search will get tossed. The courts have consistently held that it's ok to lie when acting in an undercover capacity to buy dope. But lying/deceiving in other situations to gain entry into a place or to get records/evidence is not

Here's a good treatise on this subject from the Feds very own Legal Division at FLETC:

https://www.fletc.gov/sites/default/...yDeception.pdf
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

I signed, he sold.
    I will from now on be using this as a reference whenever anyone asks me what I mean by "felony stupid".
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List