Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Instructor Zero getting real

Instructor Zero getting real

Here are some vids of Instructor Zero talking with Gun America while here in the states. Seems like a cool dude. As he talks about his training mentality it sounds pretty legit.

What's his background?

Shrouded in mystery.

Check out his videos on You Tube.

If he wants to be taken for more than a tacti-cool boob he really needs to drop the bad superhero name and delete a lot of the silly youtube videos. He could be Audie Murphy but if he insists on being called Super-Jesus and posts cat videos online something is definitely off.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

There are too many vetted and established former SMU guys out there offering open enrollment classes to entertain the notion of training with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    There are too many vetted and established former SMU guys out there offering open enrollment classes to entertain the notion of training with this guy.
    Amen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    If he wants to be taken for more than a tacti-cool boob he really needs to drop the bad superhero name and delete a lot of the silly youtube videos. He could be Audie Murphy but if he insists on being called Super-Jesus and posts cat videos online something is definitely off.
    Depends, some use their real name and aren't taken for more than that...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

RUMINT:

Chen Lee being the fixture that he is, I'd cautiously believe the information.

On the other hand, this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wade
    A former Instructor of the 5th Assault Battalion, Italian Military – Folgore Parachute Brigade, Instructor Zero has loads of experience when it comes to Tactical Shooting. Here is what we can share about Instructor Zero’s bio:

• Bachelor Degree: Investigation and Security Sciences – 110\110 cum Laude
    • Former Instructor 5th Assault Battalion, Italian Military – Folgore Parachute Brigade
    • CEO: OUTCOMES Security & Defence Advisors
    • President/Head Instructor: Spartan 360 Tactical Defence Group
    • Strategic design, analysis, study & implementation of security protocols for three high security clearance sites relating to I*** (Highest National Clearance)
    • Clinical Professor: University level, Sciences for Investigations and Security, Italy
    • Chief Security Architect and Current Security Operations Director holding one of the Highest Security Levels for a Civil Industrial Site in Italy
    Source: http://loadoutroom.com/10706/instruc...eets-accuracy/

I mean, both stories could be correct, assuming that there was some more literal interpretations of the second source (which I've already been leery of, considering the relatively poor reputation of SOFREP), i.e., the instruction of the military unit was not as a military instructor.

We talked about Instructor Zero quite a bit here: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...nstructor-Zero. As FredM noted, there's no real compelling reason to go with Instructor Zero when there are far more vetted and proven instructors doing open enrollment classes.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    If he just demonstrated that he could shoot at a very high level, demonstrated he had the ability to convey that information well as a teacher/instructor, and dropped any fakey shtick, he'd have a lot of potential. I wouldn't care if he was never tactical superman, as long as he didn't portray himself as such. But we get what we get from him instead. I tend to think if he was really super secret squirrel, he'd spend more time doing stuff and less time posting videos on youtube. Once you're doing the youtube circuit you've pretty much foregone the "i'm an enigma wrapped in a riddle" angle, and you're squarely in the public view.

In the mean time, we'll continue to write silly rap songs about him. Which reminds me there's a recent one that needs to be memorialized in the original thread.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

As Fred mentioned it's not even worth the "maybe", there's too many good instructors out there who haven't shown to be nearly as "off"
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List