Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: wadcutter in snubbie

OK, has anyone here done any tests on .32 caliber 100 gr wadcutters? Long ago I shot several Fiocchi WC through 4 layers of denim into water filled milk cartons at 7 yards from a J frame. I can't find my notes but I do remember that they penetrated the "proper" amount and were very soft shooting. It's really cold right now in Michigan and I don't want to repeat the tests...

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    OK, has anyone here done any tests on .32 caliber 100 gr wadcutters? Long ago I shot several Fiocchi WC through 4 layers of denim into water filled milk cartons at 7 yards from a J frame. I can't find my notes but I do remember that they penetrated the "proper" amount and were very soft shooting. It's really cold right now in Michigan and I don't want to repeat the tests...
    If I had a .32 that would be the type of load I would use in it for carry.

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    How about the Corbon 110 gr. DPX +P compared to the 135 gr Gold Dot's, 130 gr Winchester bonded, and the Hornady 110 gr Critical Defense?

Regarding the Hornady 110 gr Critical Defense, standard or +P?
    Currently, the Speer Gold Dot 135 gr +P JHP, Winchester 130 gr bonded +P JHP (RA38B), and Barnes 110 gr XPB all copper JHP (for ex. in the Corbon DPX loading) offer the most reliable expansion we have seen from a .38 sp 2” BUG; Hornady 110 gr standard pressure and +P Critical Defense loads also offer good performance out of 2" barrel revolvers.
    From here; http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...0-ACP-vs-38-Sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Thank you!

By the way, SG Ammo currently has something like 9 boxes of Remington target wad cutters at $22 something a box. Probably as cheap as they can be bought these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    By the way, SG Ammo currently has something like 9 boxes of Remington target wad cutters at $22 something a box. Probably as cheap as they can be bought these days.
    Able Ammo had Winchester and Federal .38 wadcutters in stock as of this morning. About $30 for the Federal, $35 for Winchester.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

bangitammo.com has Black Hills 148gr. HBWC for $26.49/50
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Interesting thread - thanks!

For the 32 fans - I have a 432 and a 632 (a stainless Compensated model with the 3 " barrel). I do carry the former at times, the latter I bought as it appealed to me.

So is there a consensus on a reasonable 432 load - the 100 gr WC mentioned above? The only thing in the stores here are the Federal 85 gr HPs and the 85 grain WC.

For the 632 - you can find the Federal Personal Defense rounds in the store (even during the panic) but I bought some Buff. Bores for it. Honestly, it's not a go to first gun. I did shoot it in a IDPA match as an outlaw using Fiocchi 32 Longs.

If there is a thread on this - sorry for a repeat.

At the hazard of nattering on from a related thread; none of the hollow point loads I tested in the .32 ever opened up, even a little. Some were marred a bit. This included .32 H&R magnum loads from Buffalo and Federal during the same test day I mentioned in post #71. I haven't tested any of the .327 loads but from the way they kick in a friend's Ruger SP101 they really ought to!

A fellow named 'Fuzzy Fletcher' produced a line of ammo called Safe-Stop awhile ago. (Within the last decade, if I recall.) it featured wadcutters with an extremely sharp edge - unlike any other I have seen. There may have been a machining process involved, but I don't recall now. I still have a few rounds of it left that I ordered directly from Mr. Fletcher. He had some health problems and may not be alive now, but I always hoped that someone would come up with something similar. I never tested it against auto glass.

Doc had mentioned this ammo in past writings.

User Tag List