Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What Handgun Do You Carry Daily?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    This is purely out of curiosity....

I carry a current gen Walther P99 AS 9mm in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. I also have a no lock 442-1 in my front strong side pocket with a speedstrip in my strong side back pocket.
    I also carry the current gen Walther P99 AS 9mm in a Custom Kydex IWB holster. It's loaded with 135g Hornady critical duty +P.

Beretta PX4 Compact 9mm in a Galco Summer Comfort
    Loaded with Winchester 127 Grain +P+

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Some flavor of 9mm Glock. Usually a Gen3 G19 or G26, appendix in a Dale Fricke Archangel or a Raven Phantom OWB w/TLR1 weaponlight. Usually carry either 124gr +P Speer GDs or 147gr Ranger Ts.

Shield 9mm with critical duty 135grn +p in a kt mech akela iwb. Or it is in a desantis die hard ankle rig as backup to the mk25

3rd gen G17 or a 2nd gen G19. IWB holsters are Milt Sparks Versa Max 2, Summer Special 2, local kydex maker RM Holsters; OWB in Mitch Rosen 5JRs. Small guns are 642/442s on the ankle or in the pocket.

Vending Machine Operator
    I have modified the rotation since I last posted, in accordance with a plan after lots of research and testing and shooting.

Primary carry: Walther PPS with Federal HST 124 +P or Speer Gold Dot 124 +P. While I wait to get my hands on enough of either of those to test it through the PPS and certify the PPS as fully GTG, the PPS is still sitting in the safe. It's a delight with Winchester White Box 124-grain NATO through.

Secondary carry: Smith & Wesson 642-1 no-lock with Speer Gold Dot 135 +P. I am delighted with this little revolver. I already owned a Colt Detective Special and I didn't think the difference in carry would be so profound, but those 10 ounces or so of weight that the 642 sheds makes it a dream to carry, almost as good as....

Universal carry: Ruger LCP with 90-grain Speer Gold Dot. Carried ubiquitously. My particular sample has proven perfectly reliable, and it always gets to tag along. Ideal combat gun? Hardly. But it's small and light that it's nearly invisible and it's a damn sight better than a sharp stick.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Sig Pro loaded up with 124 grain +p Gold Dots, carried IWB in a Raven Phantom. Spare mag carried in a horizontal Leatherman carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
    I also carry the current gen Walther P99 AS 9mm in a Custom Kydex IWB holster. It's loaded with 135g Hornady critical duty +P.
    Likewise, albeit mine's a P99c AS and the Critical Duty is standard pressure because that's what was in stock when I last bought carry ammo. Usually my spare mag is in a Kytex pouch simply because it's faster to put on than the CCC BMC. I could probably conceal a full size P99 just about as well in most situations, but when I bought the gun, I was new to concealed carry and worried about concealment, hence the smaller gun.

My issued piece of the last twenty plus years has been a SIG P229 .40 (not the same gun, we trade them in every 5 years or so) So that is usually what I am carrying at work. Ruger .357 LCR and a whipped looking S&W model 49 are my BUGs.

However, there are days when I am doing house mouse/admin duties that I carry my Ruger WC GP100.

I was issued an HK VP9 a few weeks ago. I have not been out to shoot it yet because I am still waiting on a holster and a couple of more magazines. See how it shoots later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

S&W M&P9 FS loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P and carried in JM Custom Kydex AIWB; one reload in Kytex Gear mag pouch.

User Tag List