Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19

My Glock 19 features a stipple job by Cold Bore Customs, minus connector, Apex Enhanced Safety Plunger, Vickers slide stop & mag release, Hackathorn sights and a plug.

I think most of the advice in this thread assumes that the OP will train in classes or competition, and practice regularly outside of that. If that's the case, I would take the good Doctor's prescription.

I responded earlier in post # 9 that the only modification I make is tritium sights. However, for some odd reason, I forgot about my G17 that I only use for range and competition. I added a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector to the G17. Makes the trigger very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    -most folks are hard pressed to put 10 rds into the black of an NRA B8 slow fire at 25 yds using "a handgun"
    Fixed it for you?

Put me in the "sights, mag release, maybe a plug" camp.

I like Ameriglo Hack or Spartan sights or Trijicon HDs, or perhaps Warrens with a dab of bright paint on the front. TangoDown/Vickers mag release works for me on Gen3s, not sure I'd mess with the release on a Gen 4. I don't care for the TD/Vickers slide release much at all so far (playing with one on one of my newer G17s that is still a range only gun).

I also have some minor preference for an OEM minus connector and Ny1 spring but it's not everyone's cup of tea.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by kcevans View Post
    I have a new 3rd Gen Glock 19 on the way, any thoughts on what upgrades should be done.
    I have been shooting my Beretta PX4's for years and had left them box stock, but there is such a huge amount of Glock accessories.
    Shoot it, so you get used to how it works.
    Research new sights and have them replace the plastic sight fillers.
    Shoot it a lot more, take a class or two and then start thinking about trigger, mag catch, slide stop, frame etc.. changes.

Don't start doing a whole lot to your gun when you haven't gotten enough experience about what the gun is like and what you like to enhance your performance.

Personally, after having had experience with doing the various changes that people have posted, all I do nowadays is change the sights and leave everything else as is (I don't even mind the serrations on the trigger).

Seems as good as any a place to ask this; OP, sorry for the slight derail:

Folks, what is the current received wisdom re: fixing Gen3 Glock 19 brass to face issues? It's a 2010-era gun, IIRC.

My Gen3 G19 has the following:

- no finger grooves
    - 360 grip stipple
    - Vickers mag release
    - Glock OEM "-" connector
    - Glock OEM NY1 trigger spring
    - grip plug
    - Glock OEM night sights
    - reshaped ejector to mitigate BTF

My two Gen 3s are detailed as followed:

1: -Gen 3.5 triggerbar with smooth trigger;
    -Trijicon nightsights (actually, these were the OEM sights on the gun);
    -Glock Extended slide stop/release;
    -"Dot" #5 Glock connector

2: -Gen 3 triggerbar with smooth trigger
    -Glock Extended slide stop/release
    -NY1 spring
    -"Minus" Glock connector
    -Glock steel sights

Mine are lubed with Weapon Shield and TW25B.

Both of these G19s are used for carry and competition. Glock #2, with it's slightly heavier and constant triggerpull is normally kept in my nightstand should my wife need to access a defensive weapon.

Best, Jon

Gen 4 ejector
    Quick polish of trigger parts
    New sights
    Grip plug

"what is the current received wisdom re: fixing Gen3 Glock 19 brass to face issues"
    Wear glasses.

Also many folks have had success using the 4th gen 30274 ejector along with a different extractor--both the Apex and older Glock extractors work well.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List