Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Folks, what is the current received wisdom re: fixing Gen3 Glock 19 brass to face issues? It's a 2010-era gun, IIRC.
    30274 ejector worked great on my 2010 PPU-prefix G19, with no changes to the stock extractor or springs.

Sample of one and all, so FWIW.

Great, I'll give the ejector a shot and go from there. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    30274 ejector worked great on my 2010 PPU-prefix G19, with no changes to the stock extractor or springs.

Sample of one and all, so FWIW.
    Same here, though I don't remember the date or prefix of mine.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I shot mine for over 10 years before I changed anything. Aside from the Ameriglo I-Dots and grip plug the only change I had done was the grip stippling, finger groove removal and hump reduction. Everything else is stock. The trigger is great but having 15K rounds thru it helped that.

Ik
    Quote Originally Posted by KVDT View Post
    I shot mine for over 10 years before I changed anything. Aside from the Ameriglo I-Dots and grip plug the only change I had done was the grip stippling, finger groove removal and hump reduction. Everything else is stock. The trigger is great but having 15K rounds thru it helped that.

Who did the work? It looks fantastic! One of the nicest I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Ik
    Who did the work? It looks fantastic! One of the nicest I've ever seen.
    Tactical Textures & Triggers - Real quick turnaround, great communication and a price list that is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by KVDT View Post

Very nice work.

On my 2010 Gen 3 G19 (I believe serial prefix is SDA), I immediately removed the OEM "dip" MIM extractor and replaced it with a NOS cast one, before even initially firing the gun. The "dip" extractor was noticeably tighter fitting, and more difficult to remove than the previous extractors. I kept the OEM ejector; no issues whatsoever to date, but I don't have a particularly high roundcount on that particular G19-probably only 500 to 1,000 rounds cumulatively. When out of curiosity I contacted Glock, they confirmed that G19s in its serial range had experienced issues; they offered to examine it, but I was pretty sure that the extractor switch had proactively dealt with things, so I declined.

Best, Jon

Where do we get the old extractor version?

From someone who has one in their parts box...In other words, at this point, it'll be like finding a needle in a haystack. However, I believe that Glock has themselves corrected the extractors, so if you've got a problematic one, I'd simply call them, (or your Glock LE or Commercial Rep, or the Glock Armorer at a GSSF match) and they'll likely replace it gratis with the new/corrected iteration.

Best, Jon

User Tag List