Page 19 of 89 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Nyeti - thank you. I have almost zero time on any bull pup so before taking the plunge I am doing a lot of thinking/researching. I appreciate the answers very much.

nyeti,

have you run any heavy rounds (77gr) through your AUG?

i was finally able to try out some CBC 77gr SMKs through my AUG-A1 and was glad to see that they stabilized just fine out of the 1/9 barrel and grouped slightly better than the various 62gr rounds i've tried lately (ADI F1; Garl Gustaf) at 50 and 100 yds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    There are suppressor systems built to mitigate this.
    Are you referring to the Rat work products?

Have you heard one or seen it metered? (Not being snarky; I just have no idea how they perform)

Shot my new AUG from CDNN today. Really enjoyed it, although if the trigger was a few pounds lighter, I wouldn't complain. AR triggers, like the SSA quickly spoil you.

It shot Privy ball very well. I had a box of 50 of what I thought was the Black Hills 50ish grain Barnes bullet ammo, but it turned out to be 70 Barnes. That ammo shot like crap. Anyone have a suggestion for an acceptable carry load, and a source for it?

What is the light arrangement -- SF Scout with the remote switch on the vertical grip?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Shot my new AUG from CDNN today. Really enjoyed it, although if the trigger was a few pounds lighter, I wouldn't complain. AR triggers, like the SSA quickly spoil you.

It shot Privy ball very well. I had a box of 50 of what I thought was the Black Hills 50ish grain Barnes bullet ammo, but it turned out to be 70 Barnes. That ammo shot like crap. Anyone have a suggestion for an acceptable carry load, and a source for it?

What is the light arrangement -- SF Scout with the remote switch on the vertical grip?
    If it shot the 70gr (solid copper stuff trends to be a bit longer than standard construction) poorly, I'd opt for sub 70gr bonded ammo (the 62gr tsx should stabalize, as well) . I get my stuff from SGAmmo.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't know if a remote switch would be ideal given it'd have to be removed every time you pull off the barrel. On mine right now I've got a Crimson Trace CMR 202 mounted to the rear of the rail. It probably isn't ideal either but it's really easy to activate quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I don't know if a remote switch would be ideal given it'd have to be removed every time you pull off the barrel. On mine right now I've got a Crimson Trace CMR 202 mounted to the rear of the rail. It probably isn't ideal either but it's really easy to activate quickly.
    It wouldn't be ideal, but with the scout you could just unscrew the tailcap when you need to remove the barrel keeping you from removing the tape switch. My current setup is an E2E body with a and LED head in a Vtac offset mount putting the light at 3 o'clock at the front of the rail. Then I ran a tape switch down to the VFG, which is secured with bicycle inner tube. It's not perfect, but I tried something similar to Nyeti's setup and it was too awkward for me.

This is my solution to the light problem:

Ugly but functional, and much less shadowdy than a light on the right side pic rail. You do lose one handed light activation however.

It's a Surefire universal barrel mount, a GG&G 1" flashlight ring and a Surefire G2X
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Josh, I ran that light arrangement like 20 years ago on my green AUG!

I have it in the back of my mind, that Darryl said the Larue mount and AUG rail weren't the happiest interface. Might check with him. I have a PRO on my AUG with the OEM mount, less one spacer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'll have to ask him about that.

The ML2 is just there until I make up my mind on another regular sized Aimpoint or an RMR... I'm sure I'll decide in the next eight months.

At any rate, the gun shoots into three or four inches at 100 with this set-up, so I'm not complaining.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List