Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barackolypse strikes again: amnesty for 5 million

The Barackolypse strikes again: amnesty for 5 million

#RESIST

Our petty king announces his edicts...
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶d̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶g̶r̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶m̶o̶ ̶t̶e̶e̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶ "Taking Decisive Action" looks like.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

He cannot grant citizenship, or the right to vote, so he resorts to prosecutorial discretion to nullify existing federal law and bypass the Constitution and Congress. We have a monarch, not a President, and impeachment is the only viable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    He cannot grant citizenship, or the right to vote, so he resorts to prosecutorial discretion to nullify existing federal law and bypass the Constitution and Congress. We have a monarch, not a President, and impeachment is the only viable solution.
    Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Two problems with your solution:

1) Joe Biden - same ideology with less brains
    2) There are not enough republicans in the Senate to convict leaving a lengthy, expensive process with nothing to show for it.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Personally, I think the Republicans should ignore the trap. Just say "you didn't want to go through Congress to do immigration, so we are done talking about it and will focus on other stuff". What is the negative? They aren't deporting these people now, so no change. It is simply a status of "temporary" that can immediately return all the now "documented folks" into "illegal" again at the stroke of a pen. The only people it REALLY hurts is the lower class un-educated labor force.......who are pretty much Democrats anyways. I think it opens up congress to do a relief reimbursement to the states for schooling and other expenses for all of these folks.........I mean, its "the right thing to do". It would be political suicide for the President to veto a bill that provides funding to the states to cover the expenses of HIS executive order.

I hope the Republicans don't fall into the trap of electing Hilary over this. They need to worry about making the President veto hundreds of bills like Keystone, Border Defense, VA reforms, easing of Federal Firearms restrictions, and a bunch of other stuff. While they are at it, defunding the stuff like much of the EPA, IRS, and "justice Dept" that are enforcement arms of the progressive movement. A balanced budget would be nice as well.

Start playing chess while the President plays checkers.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Personally, I think the Republicans should ignore the trap. Just say "you didn't want to go through Congress to do immigration, so we are done talking about it and will focus on other stuff". What is the negative? They aren't deporting these people now, so no change. It is simply a status of "temporary" that can immediately return all the now "documented folks" into "illegal" again at the stroke of a pen. The only people it REALLY hurts is the lower class un-educated labor force.......who are pretty much Democrats anyways. I think it opens up congress to do a relief reimbursement to the states for schooling and other expenses for all of these folks.........I mean, its "the right thing to do". It would be political suicide for the President to veto a bill that provides funding to the states to cover the expenses of HIS executive order.

I hope the Republicans don't fall into the trap of electing Hilary over this. They need to worry about making the President veto hundreds of bills like Keystone, Border Defense, VA reforms, easing of Federal Firearms restrictions, and a bunch of other stuff. While they are at it, defunding the stuff like much of the EPA, IRS, and "justice Dept" that are enforcement arms of the progressive movement. A balanced budget would be nice as well.

Start playing chess while the President plays checkers.
    I like your train of thought!

Another point to ponder for our Democrat friends- so you really want to set a precedent for the President to use Executive Powers to bypass the Legislative branch? This means that the next Republican President may also go and do likewise.

Otherwise, I'm also with Nyeti.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Another point to ponder for our Democrat friends- so you really want to set a precedent for the President to use Executive Powers to bypass the Legislative branch? This means that the next Republican President may also go and do likewise.

Otherwise, I'm also with Nyeti.
    There you go. Just like Reed's Nuclear option. Not a single Presidential appointment should be allowed through at this point. Even when blame is regularly passed, the Dems own Obamacare outright.....and it is a baby that just gets uglier. The immigration thing will be the same. It is based on an emotional plight of the few and will likely cause some real disasters, particularly in the black urban community. He and by association, if the Republicans will just leave it and coldly say "you didn't want to anyone else's input"
    , the Democrats will own this temporary lack of enforcement that is already happening. Forget defunding it, the Republicans can make him pay the states for it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List