Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 62x39mm gel test: 123 gr Fusion

The .223 62/64 gr Gold Dot/Fusion is a good load in use with many agencies here; while not quite reaching the performance of the 5.56 mm FBI loads, it is quite accurate and effective for the price--certainly much better than the non-bonded loads previously used.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Doc, can you confirm whether a Gold Dot projectile is used in the 7.62x39mm Fusion? Care to speculate whether it would ever be offered as a component?

The gold dot and the fusion bullet are both made using Speers uni-cor technology. The only place you will find these bullets for reloading is a place called RMR (rocky mountain reloading). They will be pulls, but RMR offers some of the best pulls you will find for rifle, and pistol reloading. They regularly have fusions, gold dot, HST, trophy bonded bear claw, and other bullets that you rarely see for reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    The gold dot and the fusion bullet are both made using Speers uni-cor technology. The only place you will find these bullets for reloading is a place called RMR (rocky mountain reloading). They will be pulls, but RMR offers some of the best pulls you will find for rifle, and pistol reloading. They regularly have fusions, gold dot, HST, trophy bonded bear claw, and other bullets that you rarely see for reloading.
    What is the point of pulling bullets for sale as a component? Where does enough ammo source from to be slug donors? Interesting.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

From what I understand they come from bad lots of ammo. Wrong powder used or something similar, but they regularly have thousands of pulled bulletsfor sale. So it must happen pretty frequently. I have bought a couple thousand 62 grain trophy bonded bear claws, 62 grain fusions, and many other bullets. Check them out they constantly have new stuff in stock. They also have new bullets. Their prices are pretty good, it just depends on what your buying.

right now they have 62 fusions, 62 tbbc, 230 hst, and all kinds of other bullets. Plated, hard cast, and jacketed. I have been buying from RMR for a.while and they constantly have new stuff coming in. The scary part of it is that the big factories must make a lot of mistakes loading ammo, if they constantly have a supply of pulls. They regularly have .224, .243, .264, .277, .284, .355, .451, .357, and a few other diameter bullets available. Check them out they always have some very nice bullets for what I consider a fair price.

User Tag List