Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Automatic (not (9x19)

9mm Automatic (not (9x19)

http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/9m...9mm-cartridge/

More than likely I'm just late to the dance. But, I'm curious if any of the SMEs or others think this is just an answer looking for a question.

I will say that I had some nosedive issues (which others thought strange) with the CZ P-01. But, I am way to un-informed to know if magazine taper, spring strength, dirty etc were the cause.

Talk about an answer in search of a question.

If any of the theoretic issues with the 9x19 were real I'm pretty sure they would have showed up in the time frame since 1906, maybe in the trenches in WWI, or on the Eastern Front in WWII, I dunno, maybe I'm just thinking wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by imp1295 View Post
    http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/9m...9mm-cartridge/

More than likely I'm just late to the dance. But, I'm curious if any of the SMEs or others think this is just an answer looking for a question.

I will say that I had some nosedive issues (which others thought strange) with the CZ P-01. But, I am way to un-informed to know if magazine taper, spring strength, dirty etc were the cause.
    I saw that article to and after owning a few 9mm don't think there is a problem

They lost me at the part where DB9's feed this better.

Cliff's Notes:
    "Let's blame the poor reliability of my shitty handguns on a cartridge design that has worked just fine in good firearms for 108 years."
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Looks like Shooting Times needed to fill pages.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    They should make a new 9mm with a reverse taper. That would REALLY fix feeding issues.
    Ha! That might lead to mild extraction issues!

I get the feeling that won't matter too much in a DB.

My bet is that the 9 mm Auto cartridge will take the world by storm on the very same day that the last qwerty keyboard is discarded as being clearly inferior to other layouts.

Or, to put it another way, sane people are unwilling to spend billions of dollars on transition costs in an effort to fix theoretical problems with existing standards when the standards are otherwise more than acceptable.

User Tag List